2015 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

Charter Tofino

We are excited to get the ball rolling on the 2015 Bamfield Tuna Shootout! Each year the event has grown and this year should be the best yet. To register, please pm or email me and I will send the mailing address. Captains from last year will have their tickets on hold until May 1st. I'll be sending an email out to them soon. We will be capping it at 50 boats this year.

For those who haven't seen details about the event or just want to get pumped for next year. Check out last years recap.

http://www.bctough.com/2014/10/02/the-2014-bamfield-tuna-shootout/

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on!!!

That fish is way better looking than the guy holding it :D. (Humbled and honored again to be the poster boy :eek:.)

I'll be donating a nice price again this year and would like to help out with anything I can. Just let me know. Looking forward to your email Kelly :cool:.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Leaving at noon. See you addicts at the bbq :cool:. We'll have one or two for you Derby ;).

Good luck to anyone who made it out today. Look forward to hearing about it.
Tuesday looks like a shot. The weather can change anytime and hopefully she turns for the better as the days go on.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Leaving at noon. See you addicts at the bbq :cool:. We'll have one or two for you Derby ;).

Good luck to anyone who made it out today. Look forward to hearing about it.
Tuesday looks like a shot. The weather can change anytime and hopefully she turns for the better as the days go on.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Good luck John.

Big thanks to Seabeam for putting that spread on lastnight. The roasted pig was unreal and it was great to bs with everyone.

Tough conditions expected until at least mid week. Nobody is fishing tuna but everyone had a good time catching Springs, Lings and Hali today!

A big shout out to the Seabeam for the excellent dinner on Friday night. Thanks to everyone that showed up for the bs session. Fishing salmon on Saturday was good.

I have a few pics I'll post up tonight when I get home. We are just doing some work at the camp and Jakes out fishing right now.

We are coming back up tomorrow night and going for it Tuesday. Off Tofino looks stellar right now. Close in too!. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow night. Anyone running out of Tofino or Ukee on Tuesday?

Cheers,
Sculpin

We are making our move from The mainland in hopes of fishing tuesday...finger crossed I don't come home 3" shorter...

Here's some photos from the weekend.

We are base camping it out of Salmon Beach this year so our approach to Bamfield was on a different angle this year. Crossed the Sound in no time flat.

The Seabeam boyz put on a killer spread again this year. They did up a roast pig. So if anyone was wondering what Harper had in his kill bag now ya know lol.

We got there late so I couldn't get a shot of the pig on the spit but the spit was cool enough on it's own.

It was great talking to old friends and meeting some new folks.

The drinks flowed and the stories went on into the night.

Here's one of Kelly holding up the coolest trophy of the event. It's for most helpful Captain. You can't really tell but its double sided or 3D looking. Really cool :cool:.

Continued.....

We slept in and had a coffee with the boyz then headed into town for some Bammer Time breakfast bowls (they are killer). We left a bit later than we wanted but we are on vacation so wth lol :). Drove out of Grappler Inlet and there was a huge line of boats all along the wall. We dropped the lines immediately and turned the corner. Here is a shot of what my chirp sonar looks like fishing the wall. You can see the salmon going at the bait ball.

We lost a couple, had a few hits, and Jake boxed this one (he was still sleepy from the night before ha ha):p.

We saw lots of nets out, lot's of unintentional releases, and lot's of fish being played. Great lazy day just outside the harbour. Shorts and flip flops.....felt like Mexico North lol:D. We had to get going back across the Sound otherwise we would have stuck it out longer. We are back home now and regrouping looking at the weather etc. Going to make a decision tomorrow depending on conditions.

Cheers,
Sculpin

I'm thinking about Tuesday. Need to make the call by noon tomorrow to make it across tomorrow night to fish Tuesday.

Heard of a few boats going for it tomorrow. Good luck out there and be safe.

We will be headed up on Weds. for a Thursday shot at them.

The last few days the weather has shut us down for tuna but there have been some nice fish coming in from derby members. Lots of Chinook to 32lbs, hali to 70 and Ling to 32.

Finally today a few guys in the bigger rigs went out in the rough stuff and got into Tuna. Leader for 4 fish aggregate is just over 100lbs and biggest Tuna was 28.65. There are more boats headed out tomorrow so we will see what happens.

Good luck tomorrow boys. We are gonna look for some salmon and Hali tomorrow and wait it out for tuna til Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday is our hope for longfins as well. Didn't make it over for today as originally hoped.
Thanks for the updates Kelly. Awesome reporting John. Today looks like a good one for the guys heading out.

Back