2014 Logger's Derby

You could call Gone Fishing as they are the outlet in Nanaimo that usually has them; I typically have bought mine first week or second week of february!

Hi guys! Pretty new to this salt water thing but have fished in walleye tourneys in Saskatchewan. This Loggers derby out of Poetts in early March sounds like fun. Have a 21 stripper that should be ok to use, if I can round up a partner. Would plan on running out from port but would like to stay at Poetts. Can't find much info on their bunkhouse accommodation. Can anyone help me out on where to stay??

Live in Courtenay..

Hi guys! Pretty new to this salt water thing but have fished in walleye tourneys in Saskatchewan. This Loggers derby out of Poetts in early March sounds like fun. Have a 21 stripper that should be ok to use, if I can round up a partner. Would plan on running out from port but would like to stay at Poetts. Can't find much info on their bunkhouse accommodation. Can anyone help me out on where to stay??

Live in Courtenay..

You can go onto Poett nooks website and there is a contact number or the new caretaker may chime in shortly and be able to help you out.

There are also lodgings in Bamfield. A bunch of us are staying at the Seabeam in grappler inlet if you can't book into poetts let me know and I can forward you contact info.

Have a 21 stripper that should be ok to use,

With that kind of advertising you should have no problem at all finding fishing partners!!

LOL

Ukee

Live in Courtenay..

You will definitely have no problem with a 2101 Striper. I've launched mine at PA and run out to Bamfield with no problems whatsoever. There's lots of fuel out there as well - you'll need it.

Live in Courtenay..

Bunk house is already booked. We have tenting sites if yer interested. $6.00 a night for the derby.

Bunk house is already booked. We have tenting sites if yer interested. $6.00 a night for the derby.

I thought camping was free that weekend?
1549500_249210085246887_611608491_n_zpsd993440c.jpg

No......I don't like derbies. I find egos and attitudes change during derbies. I fish to relax.

Weird, I usually find the opposite. I find derbies bring people together. Especially at this derby. Not gonna go this year though, honestly freezing my butt off for a skunk is just not my idea of fun anymore! However, sitting around a camp fire to the wee hours of the morning at mills during the loggers derby are some of the best times ive ever had

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been doing the derby for many years ,
i do NOT RECOMMEND tenting lol , last year we had a monsoon that almost sunk boats ,including mine , think it was like 8 or 10 inches in one night!! not kidding.. ... wind gusts that almost lifted the front of my trailer ,
not the norm , but , it is winter , anything is possible , the weigh ins were sunny t shirt weather the past couple years , so be ready for anything is what i guess im saying ,

and yes , im getting messages about camping as well , Is it not free anymore Jon ??
thought it always has been , not my buis , just sayun...

gd lk all

fd

Back