2013 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firelight and myself are heading out all afternoon in search of some bottom dwellers. I'll report back if we have any luck:).

Firelight and myself are heading out all afternoon in search of some bottom dwellers. I'll report back if we have any luck:).

uvusevag.jpg

5e8a6umy.jpg

Great day on the water. Had to do some things up at the beach to finally get my power hooked up. Firelight came with me to help out and try our luck at some fishing.

We had to bomb over to bamtown to do some measuring at the new Coast Guard station. After that quick stop we headed out to some rock piles and found the Land of Lings lol. We caught our limit, one nice Vermillion rock fish, and released 4 undersize in less than an hour!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a nice dinner of dungee's, rock fish poached in Lucky and salmon spices, and homemade coleslaw. Ruffin it at da beach:)

8e5y4upy.jpg

Proof that firelight posts under the influence lol:p

zytyraqu.jpg

No longfins this trip but a nice way to end the day. Red solo cups by the firelight:beer::cool:

gurabajy.jpg

Cheers,

Sculpin

Waved at you as you went thru Nanoose near the Petro Can on your way up there yesterday... Nice days catch... :)

Sculpin- What do you do with the Vermillion rockfish? I always find them tough compared to yellow-eye. Do you just use them in chowder or have I perhaps just caught a big old tough one and not prepared it correctly??

Sculpin- What do you do with the Vermillion rockfish? I always find them tough compared to yellow-eye. Do you just use them in chowder or have I perhaps just caught a big old tough one and not prepared it correctly??

I like them a lot. The meat is firm but not tough. We were limited in how we could cook it (no butter or margarine). Todd just poured some beer in the frying pan with some Club House Salmon seasoning and poached it. It was delicious :).

I like them a lot. The meat is firm but not tough. We were limited in how we could cook it (no butter or margarine). Todd just poured some beer in the frying pan with some Club House Salmon seasoning and poached it. It was delicious :).
Thanks for that!! Butter and seasoning it is next year!!

Nice haul man.. what a pig that big Ling was hey?Sitting in Stettler Rig fires up tomorrow.. Gunna go catch an Alberta ribeye at the pub..there not to ellusive in these parts.:cool:.. Fishing reports awesome out here in the Flatland:)

Hey Everyone. Is no one fishing for winter springs off Ucluelet...Hasnt been any reports since November...Would love to hear how everyone is doing?

Some folks have been fishing for winter springs more of a Broken Island show and have been doing well, crabbing has picked up after our odd summer crab fishery, apparently the prawning has been good. Halibut should be closer in this time of year around the rock piles as well. As for myself my full size upright freezer is still well stocked and I don't catch more than the family can eat so once the stock runs low or out it will be time to get the lines wet again. Apparently there was lots of herring in the harbor last week for quite a few days the Sea lions have been barking up a storm we live on the west side of the peninsula and can hear them from the harbor all night long when outside. Looking forward to the 2014 fishing season for sure probably start to dial everything in shortly after the New Year. Happy New Years everyone and wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2014 not to mention a great year on the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back