2012 Silva Bay Derby

Hot Rods

Tickets to the June 16 - 17 Silva Bay derby are now available at Harbour Chandler and Gone Fishin. Some great prizes including $1000 for the largest Chinook. All proceeds go to the Nanaimo River Fish Hatchery or back to the participants in the form of cash prizes.

Does anyone know the agenda of the Nanaimo Fish Hatchery? What their goal is? and how they are allocating the money raised?.. Im not to familiar with program there.. Seems like a river of that size could flurish...

Does anyone know the agenda of the Nanaimo Fish Hatchery? What their goal is? and how they are allocating the money raised?.. Im not to familiar with program there.. Seems like a river of that size could flurish...
pinks......

brian, a friend of mine who lives in nanaimo says that the log booms tied up outside the river mouth have been really detrimental to the emerging fry due to rotting vegetation bark and activities?? any word on this ?? invite to fish as well,,lol

I have heard nothing about that Cam. If the estuary were stagnant or had little tidal action, then I could see it. Is he referring to the smothering of eel grass?? If so, its quite possible. But good luck getting DFO to even look at the problem..... With the new revision of the Fisheries Act, it will be almost impossible to prove Permanent Damage to habitat...

Back