200 Honda reviews

Should be fuel injected it looks like https://hondanews.com/en-US/release...223ba122004c34c6fc-honda-bf200-bf225-features

One of the northern members who used to do great youtube videos of his summer had a slightly newer 225 and the leg went.

I think they were pretty good, but maintenance is the most important thing for an old set of engines like that. A buddy just spent $2500 getting his US-importated Honda 135 running well, it wasn't on the coast but it was used in salt. If it's priced for a repower might be worth pulling the trigger.

Definetly not priced for a re-power. Need to chat with the seller and get more info I re-powered my boat as I thought 2005 was too old of power.

Is that the 255 at Pac playground? I looked at that one a few months back. Decent shape. I'd be repowering due to age. Also seems like that boat may like less weight aft, those Honda's are heavy.

Well mine is 2006 225, same block I think, nothing but good to say about it, ran fine for 5 years, put over 400hrs on it, but having an issue right now but will see if it’s worth fixing or repower, just got off the phone with the shop, could be a simple fix like a sensor, they need to scan it to see, low oil pressure or overheating, but it’s not overheating so ???

Keep us in the loop. With todays engines you would almost think they need to have them able to read with a standard reader like cars. Points you in a direction wether right or wrong

Keep us in the loop. With todays engines you would almost think they need to have them able to read with a standard reader like cars. Points you in a direction wether right or wrong
Ya I was told the only ones that can have the Honda chip reader is a Honda dealer, seen one on EBay few years back for 6k, good thing for me is maple marine does have one one but are waiting for a honda upload before it’s working, a month or so he said, he also told me overheat or low oil pressure, and I know for a fact it’s not overheating

We run from Rupert up to the work channel with a 225 Honda on a 21’ northwest jet Trolled on the Honda 9.9 fir 4 hours and only burnt 58 litres today. Awesome power very quiet to run only issue we run into was a few injectors got plugged and started putting fuel into the oil. Replaced them immediately and hasn’t been an issue since.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    470.9 KB · Views: 20
We run from Rupert up to the work channel with a 225 Honda on a 21’ northwest jet Trolled on the Honda 9.9 fir 4 hours and only burnt 58 litres today. Awesome power very quiet to run only issue we run into was a few injectors got plugged and started putting fuel into the oil. Replaced them immediately and hasn’t been an issue since.
Lol looks like mine, the lower cowling in the center is a b… to close up properly

Back