2 under 77cm ?

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Question I have is this. If the return is upgraded to the 30ishK That the IFMP requires .Despite being made up of mostly immature fish,Does the IFMP still provide a commercial and FN economic fishery,while the 2 under is still in effect for us?

Secondly and of more importance I feel. Until targeted egg take has been reached Or it is determined that the 2 under 77 is no longer required, Will the FN Food and ceremonial Fishery be restricted to hook and line to ensure the larger fish can be released?

I cant agree more.. The fish buyers should not be allowed to conduct any business until the count is reached..

I cant agree more.. The fish buyers should not be allowed to conduct any business until the count is reached..

Although my opinion is aligned with your response, That was not actually my intent behind my post. I have lost much of my info ( comp issues) and I genuinely would like to know how this scenario is addressed if at all in the IFMP.

While on the subject of things I do not know but probably should.

Do the immature fish (Jacks and 3 year olds ect) enter the river and die? or do they return to the ocean to mature and eventually return to spawn???

jack /3 years are part of the 3 different year class that spawn in the river and die... so yes

I don't know what the river going to look like in the early fall...very low I am afraid.....I think DFO makes a good decision to allow bigger fish to go thru low waters and also get enough eggs for broodstocks. On the contrary I agreed with others, Alberni DFO has screwed up managing the best Robertson Creek Chinooks in the past. We are taxpayers, we expect them to do a good job this time.

Back