2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering most of the cost is taxes yeah it’s not gonna change that much.

i think the increase in interest rates tho is more likely to dampen peoples recreation. Tho there is still a lot of pent up demand from covid so doubt will see people cut it out.

Most places fully booked for this year

Based on IronNoggin's post most the cost of auto fuel is not taxes - it is the cost of the fuel itself. I.E. $1.98L - $0.75 = $1.23 for the fuel itself. Yes the taxes are high, but do not make up most the cost of gas - this is a myth. Taxes are also lower in less urban areas where there are no transit bus taxes, etc. Yes the govt. taxes fuel a lot - but a least we get some public services from them.

The bulk of the cost is what oil companies and the commodity markets charge - which makes them huge profits at our expense. Then of course there are all the $billions in govt subsidies for the oil industry that we ALL pay for in, wait for it - more taxes! Kinda crazy isn't it! We pay through the nose now to make the oil companies record profits - huh? Time to end this BS me thinks, or do nothing and continue to pay through the nose and lump it.

Drifting off topic again....

"Got to wonder how this is going to affect boating and boats for sale. All those folks that bought boats at inflated prices during Covid might start rethinking their purchase."

The above quote is from the OP's first post on this topic. It is related to fishing and boating, so aligns with this fishing forum.

Please keep this thread on the track it was intended to be on.

Yeah there selling it for $1.25 and then the government adds it’s what 45% tax grab. Yeah I know it’s not literally the bulk of the cost but figuratively it feels like it. Especially since it’s the part we are so unwilling to change.

On the topic of it not going to drop below 2 bucks yeah when there is a high fixed tax rate, one that is also planned to increase as carbon pricing continues to ramp up on the comming years.then the only thing that you can change is the supply side
Cost the 1.25 and it’s only 55% of the pie because forbid anyone talk about the government pound of flesh it’s taking.

Given that inflation is hitting these oil company’s hard as well, there fixed coast have increased as well.

i agree there margins are high right now but let’s be honest it’s no where near as high
As the margins on fishing gear lol.

cheaper energy is suppose to come from alternatives and now everyone wants more gas produces for as cheaper as possible.

gas for fishing is not that much when a 20 pound chinook is selling at the grocery store for 300 bucks.

maybe expensive for the guides running twin 300 but when I phoned to book some charters they were booked fully so people still got money to burn lol

Drifting off topic again....

"Got to wonder how this is going to affect boating and boats for sale. All those folks that bought boats at inflated prices during Covid might start rethinking their purchase."

The above quote is from the OP's first post on this topic. It is related to fishing and boating, so aligns with this fishing forum.

Please keep this thread on the track it was intended to be on.
To keep on topic and answer my original question, it is going to affect my boating. We take the boat from Vancouver to Bamfield for a fishing trip every year. 5 years ago it was about $1500 in fuel. This year its going to be about $3500. To compensate we are going to add another friend to help pay costs. However that also means we are looking for more fish too.
Even a quick trip to the gulf islands from Vancouver is going to be expensive.
I really think you will start seeing a lot of boats for sale soon.....

Yeah one of our general contractors has stopped building forms for tilt up warehouses because they won’t be able to get concrete to fill them.
I'm ready to call it quits to be honest. This is getting ridiculous. Aced my SVOP course last week though. So maybe sometime soon I can NOT make money fishing on the side TOO!

$2.58 a litre at OBM when I filled up Tuesday. $2.38 Thursday when we got back from fishing. Timing is everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back