1995 185 campion explorer @ Galleon Marine

Upon inspection I noticed the glass had cracked along the port stringer . Inserted a flat screw driver and found soft wood for about an inch. Ian from Galleon said he didn't look to closely when he took the boat on trade in . What??? !!! Naturally I walked away , waste of time and money on two ferry rides . Not sure what to think about Ian @ Galleon Marine Richmond.

Upon inspection I noticed the glass had cracked along the port stringer . Inserted a flat screw driver and found soft wood for about an inch. Ian from Galleon said he didn't look to closely when he took the boat on trade in . What??? !!! Naturally I walked away , waste of time and money on two ferry rides . Not sure what to think about Ian @ Galleon Marine Richmond.
He didnt look at it closely enough cause its an older boat and they got it cheap enough or next to nothing on trade, they all will have their own issues of some sort

Now Jeffy could show up armed with that knowledge and offer a rock bottom price and steal it ;)

Now Jeffy could show up armed with that knowledge and offer a rock bottom price and steal it ;)

My 1995 Markell is in better shape . Any unloved rode hard and put away wet boat is going to be suspect. Disclosure wasn't all up front l'm thinking. Junk the boat, and sell the motor , ( 70 hrs on 2 year old 4 stroke ) would have been more honest but less profit .

I would think that they are relying on some uninformed, uneducated boat buyer to happily grab that POS up. I saw that thing a few days ago and I knew when I got within 5 feet of it to walk away. Too bad you came all the way here! i will say this- I took my boat to Galleon for service on my old awesome yammy and they tried to convince me I needed to scrap my old motor and buy one worth 15 times what my boat was worth. Buyer beware!

I've seen that listing as well, the value is all in the motor. Of course the boat will have some problems it's 20 years old! That being said it's actually a steal when you figure what a new 115 fourstroke is worth these days. That motor is probably worth 11 grand on its own!

MonkeyWrench

I've seen that listing as well, the value is all in the motor. Of course the boat will have some problems it's 20 years old! That being said it's actually a steal when you figure what a new 115 fourstroke is worth these days. That motor is probably worth 11 grand on its own!
I see you are a mechanic. Do you happen to work for Galleon Marine ? There are currently two listings locally online in van. for mercury 115 fourstroke motors that are 2013 motors with warranty till mid 2015 for $ 6,500.00 not $ 11,000.00 . Granted probably more than 70 hrs but still under warranty . Also I did not get offered a printout of the diagnostic done on the mercury on the campion. If the boat was not looked after then why would the motor be ?

I saw that boat as well and it is in rough shape! I am looking for a 2005 or newer campion explorer 542 if anyone has one or sees one for sale.

Back