1994 Grady white Sailfish

Until you own a Grady White (or similar style Boat) and spend time out on the West Coast you truly have no idea what your talking about.
There's a reason so many Lodges / Guides and Hardcore Fishermen run these boats.
How many Lodges for example run Kingfishers, my guess is none.
Grady's are by far the best Offshore Fishing Boats along side Boston Whaler and Pursuit on the Water.
And I can say that after owning many Fishing Boats over the past 30 years and spending 60 plus days a year on the West Coast on the water. I don't think there's a Boat made that I haven't fished from.
Spend a day Offshore in a Tin Boat and after your back and body recover from getting "Sh_t-Kicked" go spend some time in a Grady, Whaler or Pursuit and you'll never go in a Tin Boat again.

I always said someone needs to rip the topside right off a 25 grady hull and build a west coast machine. Hull aside, not the right layout for our climate. The walk around doesn need to be as big as it is. They take valuable helm space and trade it for walk around space. Who need to go on the bow anyway? Especially when your off shore. Everyone I know throws their anchor from the stern. Biggest thing for me is the short window frames. Big window frame right in your line of sight. They put ski boat window frames on. Slider windows and taller front windshield would be the ticket. Those boats need a wider helm area and a full hardtop. The step up really shortens the ability to have proper seating for 4 people under a cover.

I have to agree with both "ship happens and "jason clarke".The three jason mentioned are fantastic offshore boats,but the deck layout could be better for our area.I've owned a couple of walk arounds and hardly ever used them as intended (just me) someone that beaches a lot would disagree.I'd like to see a bigger cuddy on the Grady's.But their biggest market is Florida,so we won't likely see them making a model for us "Wetcoasters".

Until you own a Grady White (or similar style Boat) and spend time out on the West Coast you truly have no idea what your talking about.
There's a reason so many Lodges / Guides and Hardcore Fishermen run these boats.
Grady's are by far the best Offshore Fishing Boats along side Boston Whaler and Pursuit on the Water.
And I can say that after owning many Fishing Boats over the past 30 years and spending 60 plus days a year on the West Coast on the water. I don't think there's a Boat made that I haven't fished from.
Spend a day Offshore in a Tin Boat and after your back and body recover from getting "Sh_t-Kicked" go spend some time in a Grady, Whaler or Pursuit and you'll never go in a Tin Boat again.
Hola,, touchy lol.
I ran this 26.5‘ tank for 2 seasons so yah I have fished and owned similar style boats. Sold it to buy what I have now. But I was just giving my personal opinion on them. We all know they ride great but again there is more to a boat than just ride. Takes a whole lot of other qualities to make a package and different people have different needs. If I lived out there or spent my summers out there I would probly still own that wellcraft but just wasn’t the best fit for my needs. And I loved the boat. But I will say, I chose that boat over a few Gradys I viewed and the main reason was I did not like the way Gradys rear deck was set up. Don’t be offended it’s just a personal opinion is all.

PS, I’ve been fishing the west coast almost every summer for the last 40 years myself so I’m no stranger to the place.

Attachments

• 1ADE183D-97DA-4FB5-A1F3-A19A4161AAAA.jpeg
    1ADE183D-97DA-4FB5-A1F3-A19A4161AAAA.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 98
  • AC699916-94A8-4D4B-9AD4-583BE7286C15.jpeg
    AC699916-94A8-4D4B-9AD4-583BE7286C15.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 15C15F70-0E5C-495E-96EF-D07D248AF56A.jpeg
    15C15F70-0E5C-495E-96EF-D07D248AF56A.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Pod with twins on a 25 sailfish is an awsome Grady, so is pod and twins or a big single on a gulf stream, the transom mounted models kinda suck IMO too. They do ride nice in ****** conditions, still think pursuit is a nicer riding boat, not sure why would anybody even put whaler in the same category as the other 2. Btw my old wellcraft is amazingly a nice ride for the west coast too

obviously lodges and guides are looking for a fishing boat and a grady is great but if you want to sit at a table for a meal or a glass of wine and look out over the water not so good. most everyone likes their boat so I am happy with my Skipjack 26' for stability (diesel below decks),8'X8' deck,decent galley, OK cuddy , good for a few days cruise.

EVERY boat has strengths and flaws. I've driven all of the main WCVI platforms
Grady, Pursuit, Bayliner, and a few others. Sorry no tin cans.
Best all round boat for guiding was the Bayliner 2802. Surprising I know, I was too

Back