1990 Campion 190 Fishing Machine fuel tank size?

farklepilot

Hi all, hoping somebody can tell me what the size of the fuel tank is in this boat? Just bought it and re powered with a Suzuki 140. Need to set up the digital gauge. Tried Campion, they have no records going back that far...

Hi all, hoping somebody can tell me what the size of the fuel tank is in this boat? Just bought it and re powered with a Suzuki 140. Need to set up the digital gauge. Tried Campion, they have no records going back that far...
I have a 210 fishing machine and it has a 51gal (190 L) tank not sure if yours is the same
The 165 Fishing machine had a 24 gal Tank
Hope this helps

Okay,
I’m going step in here because this is a recipe for disaster!
Programming an unknown amount of fuel on a digital gauge is pure madness and stupidity!!!
If you own a boat this size pony up and buy some jerry cans (or a tote) and defuel it completely. Then fill it with a known quantity of fuel and program/calibrate your gauge that way. If you have saddle tanks or depending on your filler arrangement you could even make a dipstick for cheap insurance.
Guessing, and running out of gas is a very good way to ruin boating or to be serious a fatality!
You can even put the gas back in afterwards, defuel in the wintertime or prolonged storage and makes the circus of filling a boat at the pumps a thing of the past.

There was a reason nobody responded to this post.
Harsh. I suspect nobody responded because they didn't know the answer. Madness and stupidity. Chill

Okay,
I’m going step in here because this is a recipe for disaster!
Programming an unknown amount of fuel on a digital gauge is pure madness and stupidity!!!
If you own a boat this size pony up and buy some jerry cans (or a tote) and defuel it completely. Then fill it with a known quantity of fuel and program/calibrate your gauge that way. If you have saddle tanks or depending on your filler arrangement you could even make a dipstick for cheap insurance.
Guessing, and running out of gas is a very good way to ruin boating or to be serious a fatality!
You can even put the gas back in afterwards, defuel in the wintertime or prolonged storage and makes the circus of filling a boat at the pumps a thing of the past.

There was a reason nobody responded to this post.
I was just passing on some info . sorry

I was just passing on some info . sorry
I am very sorry my post was strongly worded. It actually wasn’t directed at you (but it was from re-reading it)
However I still think someone guessing how much fuel in the tank of their boat is really bad.
Even if someone had the same boat of the sane year who’s to say the tanks haven’t been changed ( they should be changed if they’re original ) I’m guessing that’s why Campion strategically skirted the answer to the fuel capacity question.
The only answer is to drain the tank. And then refill it.
I also wanted to take you off the hook for “well revenge told me my tank was 50 gallons!”
Nobody should ever guess how much fuel they have.

Have a good week (honestly)

I have found the plate on the tank under years of grime... It's actually a 150ltr tank if anybody else needs to know. I am well aware that assuming a boats fuel gauge is an accurate measure of the fuel on board is ill informed to say the least...

Back