17.5 double eagle nice looking setup

Yes I agree, decent set up, but $14,500 is too much for an '88, even if it was re-powered with the 2007 ETEC. A small quibble, LOA is 17'-1", not 17.5'. It may be a "DE 176", but the 6 does not stand for 6". Everyone gets this wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a reminder to all of us who love a project boat - no one is willing to pay for your labour. I thought same thing, overpriced for its age, then read all the rebuild details and realised it's pretty much what I've done. By rights it is probably just as good as a boat 10 years newer - hull rebuild, 2011 repower - but no one sees the value. Makes me remember that I need to keep viewing my boat work as an enjoyable hobby and not expect to get much, if any, of the money back. Keep the boat and use it for a good few years, it probably won't make any difference in resale.

I agree Sly
If you commit to the rebuild, it better be the boat you want to hold on to.
or else don't expect to get your $$ back.

This is a reminder to all of us who love a project boat - no one is willing to pay for your labour. I thought same thing, overpriced for its age, then read all the rebuild details and realised it's pretty much what I've done. By rights it is probably just as good as a boat 10 years newer - hull rebuild, 2011 repower - but no one sees the value. Makes me remember that I need to keep viewing my boat work as an enjoyable hobby and not expect to get much, if any, of the money back. Keep the boat and use it for a good few years, it probably won't make any difference in resale.

Good points. And also look at hours. 1700 hours of use is a fair number to consider.

Regardless of the year of the outboard 1700 hrs is alot For a two-stroke.. I agree 10 k tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back