163lb halibut

D

dragonballs

caught this 163lb halibut saturday out of neah bay

072508_072608_Westport_NeahBay088.jpg

072508_072608_Westport_NeahBay101.jpg

072508_072608_Westport_NeahBay092.jpg

What a pig dragon,, thx for sharin the pic...

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Fish 'n Chips Forever!

That's twice</u> the size of the biggest one I've ever caught, great work and Thanks for the pic!

imgp0742mj2.th.jpg

Gotta love those grins!!!! Now you will find out how many friends you have that you didnt know existed!!!:D

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

[quoteIs a Hali that big still good to eat? Not taking anything away from a lifetime memory from you,just curious.
][/quote]

ABSOLUTELY!!!! the muscle segments are bigger, but they taste every bit as good as a smaller fish. I have had nothing but compliments from people that got some of my big hali.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

the meat is excellent, we have had halibut twice since I got back and it is awesome. also nothing but rants from friends and family. This fish had no eggs or babies inside so she already laid out what ever she had. This was the biggest fish I have ever caught and we needed to redeem ourselves at the dock. I know that the 40 and 50 lbers are suppose to be tastier. :D

guy on the right doesnt seem nearly as happy as you.I think he must have fish envy!
Nice flattie!

Hooch

Everyone knows that size doesn't matter......;) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

I neglected to mention, the previous post does NOT apply to boat size though.....:D Hey Dragonballs, outstanding halibut, congrats and enjoy! I consume the smaller ones, only because I can't seem to catch a larger ones! SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Boy thats helluva catch
Congrats!
What do you ride there DB? Is that a Luxor or something like that?

cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

thanks for all the congrats. this fish was a great catch and what a memory. The pics are taken on my 2005 22ft deep vee weldcraft.

Back