150-Qt Igloo Marine Cooler - Cushion Help

mhbradley

I purchased the 150-Qt Marine cooler from Canadian Tire....

Called Igloo today and they don't make cushions for the 150-Qt marine model, only for the Yukon model.

Igloo specifically said that the Yukon model's cushions will not work on my standard marine coler due to the position of the snaps.

Anyone have a solution to this problem? Maybe someone has done a custom job or has been able to use the 128 or 162 qt cushion with success?

The boat only has two pedestal seats at the moment, so getting this sorted out would help with the seating situation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Not a cushion but I bolted a basic folding swivel seat to the top of mine. Long bolts right through the lid with a backing plate.

Not a cushion but I bolted a basic folding swivel seat to the top of mine. Long bolts right through the lid with a backing plate.

That's a good way to do it.

Does it still perform well with the holes in it?

Any chance you could post some pictures?

If it was that easy it would be done...

I just bought stainless screws and the male part of the snap and screwed them into my cooler lid so that the cushion would fit. If the lid is a bit too large for the cushion, this will work no problem. You can get snaps from almost anyplace that sells marine hardware.

I just bought stainless screws and the male part of the snap and screwed them into my cooler lid so that the cushion would fit. If the lid is a bit too large for the cushion, this will work no problem. You can get snaps from almost anyplace that sells marine hardware.

So did you use the Igloo brand cushion or did you make a custom one?

photo (6).jpg

$10.99 each at Canadian Mother%#!@ ...one for each side and still allows me to access the hatch.

They are a rubbery foam that sticks quite nice without slippage, so I don't have to attach them with glue or put any holes in my cooler.

Problem solved.

Thanks all for the input.

Back