10 day long range trip

Nice one!!! :cool:

12033147_1040049396035431_9056738184879079252_n.jpg

Wow ten days.. Very cool , gunna need a reefer truck to bring back all that awesome yellowtail [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was not what anyone was hoping for.
We got 6 wahoo on the troll but only one hooked up on any of the bait stops.
5lb skipjack have infested the whole area. We covered 65 miles looking for different results, but it wwas the same. Hook one wahoo..stop boat..cast jigs or 'flyline' a live bait ( the expression they use for freespooling a live bait in the current)
Then hook 2 dozen skippies in 15 mins..capt sez ' wind em up guys, we'll keep looking'...and so on.
Tonite we are anchored so anyone wanting to fish for grouper can have a go.
If we dont see any change by mid morning tomo, we will leave this area and go 180miles further west to Alijos Rocks. 3 old volcanic plugs sticking up like fence post - that form a kidney shaped reef about 4 miles in dia.

Wheee... Moved the anchor a half mile this morning and the bite was ON!
85 yellowtail off the bottom on bait and jigz.
4 wahoo on flylined bait ( only a few guys were using wire rigs )
And 40 nice nice yellowfin tuna 25-45lbs.
I had the pleasure to land on of the bigger ones ...damn near spooled 400yds on a jx avet with 65lb braid and 40lb fluoro leader. I had pre- set the drag at 13lbs so this fish PULLED!
After 3 hours of bite it ended and we are now trolling for wahoo and onto the next high spot.

ba1afa1fbe7daf340f7f4975b370c1a0.jpg

Gettin jiggy with it!

Btw...the pic tw posted for me is not the bigger fish..most pics are still in my camera..somehow i can email pics from my phone..but not post to forum?

You forgot to mention how much "fun" it is to drag those YFT's back in hundred's of yard's - I much prefer Do do's. I did real good casting a jig & reeling it fast on the surface on bait stops; put the jig close to the kelp patties.

BTW, nice tan

We are onto some wahoo this morning..not hot bite but 15 or so to the boat..( which means 30 or more lost or 'sharked')

Bite was steady mid afternoon...40 + to the boat. Many more hooked and lost.
******* fish to land!!!!
Reel spins like a Tesla on a rainy day..then plink!...gone!
Never getting the hook point past the barb..they stop..open their mouth and swim away

fb9e4a7265e7bf490d2e634c5b399974.jpg

One lucky *******!

And one unlucky *******!!

Back