Wow!

CV Marine in Courtenay also has them in stock. Appear to be better suited to lake fishing to me.

propane storage on boats has its own set of very stringent regulations. i would look into those prior to purchasing any propane marine product.

for example the small catalytic heaters with (campstove) green tanks will void you insurance if found on your boat.

dont see any marinas selling propane dock side either????????//

dont see any marinas selling propane dock side either????????//
Wouldn't need to either as it burns less then a pound and hour with out any jets to gum up when the motor is just sitting there not being used. Seems to me if this really works out in the long run I could see many using this option.

I still would like to see us get to the point to have a solar powered kicker...that would be awesome.... This is a very good start to alternatives. Just can't generate the HP yet but that may change...

My buddy has a 27' motorsailer with a two cylinder diesel that uses a pint of fuel per hour when under power.
Pretty fuel efficient for most people one would think.........but....
he has added a solar panel on the roof along with another battery package that runs his new refrigerator unit and his new Minkota electric outboard, which easily pushes him around in sheltered moorages and the like.

And yes, like me, he's from a Scottish background. LOL

Take care.

Back