Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Why are some posts disapearing? Or is it that I'm getting senile in my old age.lol seriously though.....

A few recent fishy pics,

IMG_3692.jpg

One hatchy for our efforts, lost a nice Wild one of course!
IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

www.tailspincharters.com

nice hallys I notice the second hally didn't have a harpoon mark.did you gaft the second pic .were you on the west end.I when to oakbay difting for three hours on sunday at first the tide was stroger then the tide book said, but in two long drifts had two hallys 68,and one that went bottom three times ouch, it was 90lbplus had to harpoon twice the first time went though the stomach and it blast wright back to the bottom ,I know you harpoon more hally ,is there a better spot on the hally thank boomer still a bit rusty.

fished between the bluffs and harbour mouth from 1 ish until 4 30pm yesterday, tons of shakers. Spoons, hootchies, squirts, 50 ft. to 115 ft on the rigger in 400 ft of water between the first and second tide line....no coho for us.

It was pretty slow out there Sunday to Luna, the odd boat lucked into a few but not many around. We fished hard for 5 hrs and i came out with that one cable rat for three boats. Lost a nice big northern by the boat. Tiny 12 pack choves, Coho special glow teaser 70 feet.

Boomer we were west, gaffed the smaller one and pooned the others. Some guys hit them in the guts and do fine if you use a small float with less resistance, I hold the smaller ones close to the boat to soak guests for fun:D That one went in right behind the fin on the darkside and came out offside a tad on the white.

www.tailspincharters.com

So wild are open now?
What are the current regs on coho?

Thanks (been spending my time hunting and lost track of fishing)

Tips

Been thinkin' same but too lazy to ask :D:D

Niiiice fish regardless
cheers

quote:Originally posted by Tips Up

So wild are open now?
What are the current regs on coho?

Thanks (been spending my time hunting and lost track of fishing)

Tips

gonefishingsign.gif

Back