GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODNREEL

When I read Nootka report # 509 I smelled a crap storm coming for good reason. Then the possession limits thread started up and some of the posts are more about how to get around the law, not what the laws actually are.
I'm at a local marina a couple weeks back and there is a family from Sweden on the dock when a boat with three guys come in . The Swedish fellow asked if they caught anything the answer was we F ing slayed them. Wouldn't it have been better to say we had a great day on the water and we caught a few fish ?
Which makes more sense to post on a public forum, I'm going to Nootka for the first time and we want to hammer some hoes or we're going to Nootka for the first time to enjoy what the area has to offer and hopefully catch a few Coho?
What looks better in a photo, you and your best bud with a beautiful Chinook with water and mountains in the back ground or a cooler full of bloody fish with empty beer cans?
Do you see where I'm going with this???
There's a lot of us that fish but there's a hell of a lot more that don't and we need those people on our side for a lot of reasons from fish farms to a better budget for DFO and on and on. The way the public looks at sport fisherman is very important, we need there support and we don't need to give any ammunition to other groups to use against us.
Give your head a shake!!
Think before you post!!
Think before you speak!!
It only takes a few to make many look bad!!
Now as for the rest of my day I'm hoping to load up my truck with as many kids as I can fit and take them to the Campbell River in hopes of HARVESTING a few pinks and here's hoping they will have a better attitude when they become adults then some of people on this forum.......

Well said RODNREEL. For some time now I've noticed that too frequently the fish reports contain a bunch of macho garbage and not enough appreciation of the sport of fishing. We are lucky to live and fish is a spectacularly beautiful area where we should appreciate our surroundings and the privilege of fishing here and helping others, especially kids, to share the experience. If we catch fish, it's a bonus.

Well said RODNREEL. For some time now I've noticed that too frequently the fish reports contain a bunch of macho garbage and not enough appreciation of the sport of fishing. We are lucky to live and fish is a spectacularly beautiful area where we should appreciate our surroundings and the privilege of fishing here and helping others, especially kids, to share the experience. If we catch fish, it's a bonus.
Very well said !!!!!

When I read Nootka report # 509 I smelled a crap storm coming for good reason. Then the possession limits thread started up and some of the posts are more about how to get around the law, not what the laws actually are.
I'm at a local marina a couple weeks back and there is a family from Sweden on the dock when a boat with three guys come in . The Swedish fellow asked if they caught anything the answer was we F ing slayed them. Wouldn't it have been better to say we had a great day on the water and we caught a few fish ?
Which makes more sense to post on a public forum, I'm going to Nootka for the first time and we want to hammer some hoes or we're going to Nootka for the first time to enjoy what the area has to offer and hopefully catch a few Coho?
What looks better in a photo, you and your best bud with a beautiful Chinook with water and mountains in the back ground or a cooler full of bloody fish with empty beer cans?
Do you see where I'm going with this???
There's a lot of us that fish but there's a hell of a lot more that don't and we need those people on our side for a lot of reasons from fish farms to a better budget for DFO and on and on. The way the public looks at sport fisherman is very important, we need there support and we don't need to give any ammunition to other groups to use against us.
Give your head a shake!!
Think before you post!!
Think before you speak!!
It only takes a few to make many look bad!!
Now as for the rest of my day I'm hoping to load up my truck with as many kids as I can fit and take them to the Campbell River in hopes of HARVESTING a few pinks and here's hoping they will have a better attitude when they become adults then some of people on this forum.......

Wow, really nice of you to embellish upon someone's post and then criticize them for it. You sound like a really nice person who knows how to enjoy life. People tend to follow examples, setting one based on embellished criticisms is probably no better than the supposed behaviour of those you're speaking about.

I'm with RODNREEL. Fishing is an adventure and a fresh fish for dinner is a bonus. Enjoy the scenery and the experience and set a good example.

General Clark is the user who seems to have triggered this exchange. His report in the 2016 Nootka thread is even worse. Definitely a lot of bravado there without much stated appreciation for the resource.

Wow, really nice of you to embellish upon someone's post and then criticize them for it. You sound like a really nice person who knows how to enjoy life. People tend to follow examples, setting one based on embellished criticisms is probably no better than the supposed behaviour of those you're speaking about.
Thanks for your input. You joined here in 2013 and have four posts to your name. Are you from Washington state too?

I'm with RODNREEL. Fishing is an adventure and a fresh fish for dinner is a bonus. Enjoy the scenery and the experience and set a good example.

General Clark is the user who seems to have triggered this exchange. His report in the 2016 Nootka thread is even worse. Definitely a lot of bravado there without much stated appreciation for the resource.

I can't comment on General Clark, as I've never met him nor have I witnessed his behaviour. I fish regularly and do believe I am a good steward of the ocean as I make a conscious effort to follow the regs provided by dfo. I really didn't appreciate Roddnreel's comment and don't really see any positive outcome from his posting. If he does wish to change other's behaviour I'm sure he could find more productive ways to do so. If he simply wanted to slag people and make them angry, I suppose he accomplished that.

Anyhow, I do hope we can stop commenting on this. I'm looking forward to taking my boys to Nootka tomorrow and hope there's lots of fish and good weather (not in that order).

Cheers,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back