Fishing In Alberni?

T

therodman

I'm envious of all of you in the Alberni area that have a boat. I hear it's the best Spring run in 30 years. For those of us who aren't blessed with a boat is there any decent beach/river fishing in the Alberni area as of yet, or is it too early for the salmon to be in the river system?

Yes, you could do that, but the current target is sockeye, and the gent is asking 'bout springs I believe. Those big buggers won't arrive to the flow in targetable numbers 'til mid-August and there on, at which time the Dentist's Officewill be closed. Watch for openings (Likely given the run strength) for Septemeber and October on the FLOW. Many areas will probably be open for huntin' on the Stamp, and a 40 lb spring in the fast might might just get your mojo goin'.

Cheers,
Nog

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. Looks like I'll have to wait until late August/September to do any river fishing. Gotta convince the wife to let me get a boat. Someday.

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. Looks like I'll have to wait until late August/September to do any river fishing. Gotta convince the wife to let me get a boat. Someday.

Thanks RVP. I'd love to get out to the Alberni area to catch some of the action. Where exactly should I plant my non-boat owning butt on the shore? I'm not that familiar with the Alberni area so I'd hate to wind up in the wrong spot.
Cheers,
Rodman

Thanks RVP. I'd love to get out to the Alberni area to catch some of the action. Where exactly should I plant my non-boat owning butt on the shore? I'm not that familiar with the Alberni area so I'd hate to wind up in the wrong spot.
Cheers,
Rodman

Back