2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Discussion in '2017 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by pescador, Jan 1, 2017.

1. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

189 days till my first trip this year to Nootka!!! Can't wait to try the Gold River launch with its superior upgrades. Fingers crossed that the West Coast has a very good year.

Ehand, Dan The Man, bones and 4 others like this.
  2. Nasty017

Nasty017 Member

Booked. August long at moutcha. Hopefully they show up again.

bones likes this.
  3. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

I'm out there the week of ....leave the Friday when everyone shows up for the long weekend.. :)

Dan The Man and bones like this.
  4. bones

bones Well-Known Member

Were there this year, July long, Aug long, another weekend in Aug, Sept long, and end of Sept for deer and fish. Older trophy in esperenza or a loud house on alpine dr, possibly golfing at the school, lol

crazycanuck and Dan The Man like this.
  5. Dan The Man

Dan The Man Member

174 days!! Will be at critter every weekend in July.!!!

dmurph and bones like this.
  6. crazycanuck

crazycanuck Member

Curious to know when somebody goes for prawns this next month how they make out??? Last year was an absolute joke... grounds were decimated ... id love to make a trip out there in March if its positive.

bones likes this.
  7. General Clark

General Clark New Member

I'm a Nootka lifer but I've never really fished for Hali's other than trolling in the mouth of the sound and getting the occasional chicken. This year I'm determined to anchor and pull in a few however I don't know where to focus my efforts. Does anyone have any tips where to fish and what kind of structure I should be looking for.

Thanks

8. bones

bones Well-Known Member

Where do you fish? Nootka or esperenza

9. General Clark

General Clark New Member

I fish in Nootka

10. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

For what it is worth.....Conuma spring forecast for 2017 is 25-50k....

bones likes this.
  11. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

its actually a low number...but they are expecting double the 5 year old fish this year verses last year...so if we have better water conditions then last year I would say it could be a lot more fun then the 2016 season even with less fish returning....

12. bones

bones Well-Known Member

aren't the numbers supposed to be up in the 90,000? hoping there bigger this year, love to see a tub of 25+'s

13. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

That number looks low considering what I heard the commercial guys take out. But then again its all about sharing the resource. Size matters so maybe 5 year fish will make the difference. I am going to go earlier than normal this year so hopefully they show up earlier. Will be there last week of June then again the first of July with my crew....

14. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

Yup.. I hear u.... I love being up there... just paid the deposit for our stay there for this year..end of July.. 1st week of Aug. :)

15. trophy fisher

trophy fisher Member

Booked in at Moutcha again this year for second week
    of July. 18 weeks left to get the boat fixed and tested. Can't wait. Hoping to get some Hali's this year.

16. hud52

hud52 Member

Critter from July 19th to 23rd. Jewitt Cove from the 23rd to 27th.......Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

were behind u guys in Jewitt cove but 3 days :) :)

hud52 likes this.
  18. Marsman

Marsman Member

64 for me now. June 1st... Can't wait.

19. Marsman

Marsman Member

Troll till you find one then anchor and throw down the stink... lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  20. Samnjoe

Samnjoe Active Member

Try just outside and south of the whistle buoy. 200 feet.
    Make sure you are outside of the RCA