Search results

1. B

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Any chance of getting the results of the 2015 Salmon Derby at Westview posted?? John and Kathy,can you put it up on the site??> Thanks!
  2. B

Codfather,can you tell me what brand of downrigger you use? Wondering weather a Scotty 1106 will handle a 20# ball,I have used 15's seems to be just "OK" at deep depths,THANKS !!
  3. B

Yes they need to get a handle on it saanauk.Seen what can happen here in the states when too much pressure and take happens.The halibut here took a massive hit when the salmon were closed for a few years,just coming back but nothing like what it was.These are much smaller here,California...
  4. B

Wow,sure get mixed reports...I called a friend who lives year round in Tahsis,retired.He's not a fisherman like the most of us,but he prawns a bit to help get him by.AND give him something to do.He's been out a couple times and has about 400 or so.4 traps.He said it was good until a part let go...
  5. B

THANKS John ! see you in a couple weeks if all goes as planned! Hope you and Kathy are doing good, I've been getting buckets for you,only a few at a time but plenty to get to stocked for a while. .
  6. B

THANKS,Spring fever,have you been prawning around Tahsis? Heard from 1 local it was real good,sure thinking of a trip up there in a couple weeks.
  7. B

Can anyone tell me when the commercial prawning starts inside Nootka/Esperanza,in the inlets? Date would be appreciated ! Thanks.
  8. B

Nootka Sound 2014 Fishing Reports

Nice report John!!! Have fun down south this winter,looking forward to next spring.
  9. B

Nice report John!!! Have fun down south this winter,looking forward to next spring.
  10. B

Tahsis Derby Last Weekend

Don't think that the hali was oversize in length....was at Tahsis 4 weeks ago and saw a nice 80# hali that was right at 50",a FAT hali,probably one of the thickest I've seen for that length.One of the local guides was cleaning it,a beauty.I know damn well that John would not allow or be involved...
  11. B

See you Sunday afternoon John,keep them biting!!!!! Also let .Kathy know sometime around 1 PM for us.John is leaving early Sunday I think.
  12. B

See you Sunday afternoon John,keep them biting!!!!! Also let .Kathy know sometime around 1 PM for us.John is leaving early Sunday I think.
  13. B

Buckets getting tougher to get John,but I have some for you.Will try Thurs. this week for some more,they got wise and started getting a little money for them but cheap anyway,see you on the 27th....Ron.Gonna have to collect them thru the winter this year!
  14. B

Buckets getting tougher to get John,but I have some for you.Will try Thurs. this week for some more,they got wise and started getting a little money for them but cheap anyway,see you on the 27th....Ron.Gonna have to collect them thru the winter this year!
  15. B

Sweet ling. Isn't that Thor John?
  16. B

Sweet ling. Isn't that Thor John?
  17. B

John did you get a pic of the monster ling?? Please post if you did!!! Calif. Ron
  18. B

John did you get a pic of the monster ling?? Please post if you did!!! Calif. Ron
  19. B

Esperenza Report

Very Nice!!! 7/26,I will give it a go.
Back