2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anything you would want to retain or have actually bite are done for the most part up that way. Can head up to the rca around Crocker and watch every Romanian this side of the Fraser rip the butt out of stale ones though.

Lots of ignorant Canadians doing it too. Had a buddy up in the river who caught some chrome ones, might be strays from the Fraser though.

Was at Sandheads yeterday 1:00 to 5:00. Nothing but a couple undersize. Quite a few boats out, did not see a single net out. Heard the bell was quiet yesterday morning also.

Atlantic salmon bite off the Bell this afternoon. 2 taken by the same boat. Both smaller than the report 10 lb escapees.

I think they're headed for Alexandra Morton And DFO tomorrow.

My buddy's dad does the net test fisheries on the Fraser for dfo and he got an Atlantic in the river the other night. He was also saying it's the worst return of salmon to the Fraser ever. Pretty scary

My buddy's dad does the net test fisheries on the Fraser for dfo and he got an Atlantic in the river the other night. He was also saying it's the worst return of salmon to the Fraser ever. Pretty scary

Yup, and DFO even claims it, yet the natives continue to use the drift nets, saw it myself again the other day, several boats. Then the sale of fresh BC Sickeye out of coolers. How truly sad, the Keepers of the land raping it for all its worth, and the idiot whities buying it! Government and DFO have Zero back bone. Pathetic! Take it while ya can, your soon to be completely closed off, except for a chosen group, that will sell it back to you.

How're the coho along the West Van shoreline? Are they around? Biting?
Saw a couple of boats trolling the Cap mouth last Friday and a couple of smaller boats mooching on the shallower side. Marked a few fish on the sounder but they were few 'n far between. Even the natives don't seem to bother with snagging them this year. It may still pick up though but it won't be like what it used to be on a typical early September run. that's for sure.

Saw a couple of boats trolling the Cap mouth last Friday and a couple of smaller boats mooching on the shallower side. Marked a few fish on the sounder but they were few 'n far between. Even the natives don't seem to bother with snagging them this year. It may still pick up though but it won't be like what it used to be on a typical early September run. that's for sure.

Thanks. Hoping to get out on Sunday morning. Sounds like I'll be better off going to the north arm area maybe

I might try sun or mon too. Kinda holding off right now. There hasn't been any hot reports as of late. I'm thinking the white springs and coho should be around the south arm soon.

For real? I know there's a joke in there somehwere but I don't really get it o_O

No joke.

I talk tongue in cheek on these boards all the time in recent times and am a rabble rouser from time to time but this is no joke.

I was opposed to fish farms in the 80's when they were approved. I am now more opposed than ever.

If anyone catches these, call Alexandra Morton or DFO as soon as possible and preserve the fish. We need to know what these are eating and their health. If they're chewing on smolts and other small native salmonids we are royally f'd.

Fish farms been around since the 80s....I seem to remember some huge escapes in the 90s... catching Atlantics on the Chehalis and a few small other tribs was a weekly occurance.
All of a sudden this is a huge media outcry? Or is it an easy scapegoat for the media and the ppl with no knowledge of the Fraser cause there is no racist conflict calling out the FN?
Lots of contributing factors here ppl, if you are concerned about a couple hundred thousand atlantics. why are you not concerned about the greater number of pacific salmon that go missing from the Fraser mouth to Yale..

Last edited:
Back