2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Winds are supposed to kick up tomorrow, 15 knots in the afternoon. Would it be retarded to try for sandheads launching out of the north arm in the 16' Lifetimer?

That will be ruff in a smaller boat. U could try launching at vanier and fishing mile markers to red can. Still fish there. A little more protected. Dont quote me on this if the trip doesnt go as planned.

That will be ruff in a smaller boat. U could try launching at vanier and fishing mile markers to red can. Still fish there. A little more protected. Dont quote me on this if the trip doesnt go as planned.

That's my backup plan. Have pulled 3 springs out of there in the last couple of days. Haven't fished sandheads yet but it's looking like tomorrow won't be the day.

keeping an eye on predictions.... that forecast could change with this massive high building once again....

Sandheads in the morning and the north arm in the evening seems to be the ticket these days.
I didn't fish sandheads this evening but I'm predicting that everybody did poorly there? (I hope I'm wrong but that's my guess)
Yesterday the bite was on an hour before dark so I'm guessing tonight it'll be right at dark.
I stopped at the North arm after dropping some friends off and managed to get two fifteens in about 20 minutes around 7:00 at 40 ft on anchovies close to the north arm lighthouse in 150'
Good luck out there!

Sandheads in the morning and the north arm in the evening seems to be the ticket these days.
I didn't fish sandheads this evening but I'm predicting that everybody did poorly there? (I hope I'm wrong but that's my guess)
Yesterday the bite was on an hour before dark so I'm guessing tonight it'll be right at dark.
I stopped at the North arm after dropping some friends off and managed to get two fifteens in about 20 minutes around 7:00 at 40 ft on anchovies close to the north arm lighthouse in 150'
Good luck out there!
How did you end up doing Friday morning? I tried chasing you around for a little bit lol.

How did you end up doing Friday morning? I tried chasing you around for a little bit lol.

For all of the effort I put into getting into place really early Friday morning and ended up not going that well. Lost three but ended up with one nice one in the boat, salt dry shriveled up anchovies at 40 ft.
Friday evening went really well right at the end, manage that 18 and then a double of a 16 and a 14, after an amazing battle we managed to get both in on the gaff. Definitely one of the highlights of my week Landing a double with a first-timer

For all of the effort I put into getting into place really early Friday morning and ended up not going that well. Lost three but ended up with one nice one in the boat, salt dry shriveled up anchovies at 40 ft.
Friday evening went really well right at the end, manage that 18 and then a double of a 16 and a 14, after an amazing battle we managed to get both in on the gaff. Definitely one of the highlights of my week Landing a double with a first-timer
Lose the gaff net way more efficient

We started out of the N.arm and i lost one of three cylinders of my three cylinder 2 stroke motor just as I left te the river. Decided to press on to Sand heads and take the chance. I arrived with my son and his bud just before 7:30 am and got a pink at 8am. At nine we got two twin Red springs at about 18-19 lbs. each. Later we got s couple of shakers.Quiet afterwards. Awesome weather and flat sea.

Attachments

• CAM00834.jpg
    CAM00834.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 77
Lose the gaff net way more efficient

I'm a creature of habit and use nets for salmon and gaffs for lings. But a confident person with a gaff will beat one with a net more often than not. Nets are for catch and release. Gaffs are no refund.

As for reports 2nd mile marker was the ticket today for us. 5 landed on 8 hits this afternoon. Could have caught more - ran out of time. All reds in the 15lb range. Fast zig zag troll. 55' to 45'. Which is strange because I did not expect a lot of fish there on a low slack tide. Got lucky and found a school in session. Lots of bait in the area but all the landed fish had empty stomachs. Could see them on the sonar circling bait balls but they really liked the anchovy roll.

Back