2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I've had springs and coho hit the flasher beside the boat. Albeit up north.
Your line or downrigger cable hits the baitfish in the ball and you think you're getting a nibble. Or you've proven true the rumour/folklore that sometimes big fish bite the flasher.

Looking for anwsers as I am stumped . Thought to have a relaxing evening to trolled around hitw. 2 rods down at 40 and 60 and getting hits every 2 mins. Tips shake or get pulled then stops. Then it repeats itself constantly on both rods. But nothing sticks. Tried many times to set the rod and nothing sticks. Weird thing was the anchovy looked clean and untouched every time. Repeated itself this morning. Hit after hit but nothing. Finally gave up and went out to PA. Got one pink and lost 2 others so could not be the gear I was using. Never experienced this before so wondering what and why???
So

Looking for anwsers as I am stumped . Thought to have a relaxing evening to trolled around hitw. 2 rods down at 40 and 60 and getting hits every 2 mins. Tips shake or get pulled then stops. Then it repeats itself constantly on both rods. But nothing sticks. Tried many times to set the rod and nothing sticks. Weird thing was the anchovy looked clean and untouched every time. Repeated itself this morning. Hit after hit but nothing. Finally gave up and went out to PA. Got one pink and lost 2 others so could not be the gear I was using. Never experienced this before so wondering what and why???

Jelly fish ?
Usually this time of year they really start to come out thick especially up indian arm

if it was jelly fish he would have at least some slime on his gear or knots, if there's no slime I doubt it's jelly fish

Looking for anwsers as I am stumped . Thought to have a relaxing evening to trolled around hitw. 2 rods down at 40 and 60 and getting hits every 2 mins. Tips shake or get pulled then stops. Then it repeats itself constantly on both rods. But nothing sticks. Tried many times to set the rod and nothing sticks. Weird thing was the anchovy looked clean and untouched every time. Repeated itself this morning. Hit after hit but nothing. Finally gave up and went out to PA. Got one pink and lost 2 others so could not be the
if it was jelly fish he would have at least some slime on his gear or knots, if there's no slime I doubt it's jelly fish
Moon jellyfish do not leave the goo like lions main. Also if you cut jellyfish in half you're creating two jellyfish :confused:

Scot.JPG
Got the skunk off the boat today, fished 2.5 hrs and boxed4. 3-15lbers, and 1-20ish. 3 reds and 1 white. North Arn was the ticket. Stayed away from the
swarm and created our own. Ended with a double header and both nets got used. 7-9:30 am, let's go to the cap and try to get a yoho. Released a wild and pulled the plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 34919 Got the skunk off the boat today, fished 2.5 hrs and boxed4. 3-15lbers, and 1-20ish. 3 reds and 1 white. North Arn was the ticket. Stayed away from the
swarm and created our own. Ended with a double header and both nets got used. 7-9:30 am, let's go to the cap and try to get a yoho. Released a wild and pulled the plug.
What were you fishing? Please. Im stuck on these one or two fish days. Shouldn't complain... but I am.

A
And the derby winner is?????

A small soaking wet 23 pounder which was worth $15,000. Just goes to show the size of fish swimming around off the Fraser right now....teenagers mostly.

I had such a positive experience at the derby this weekend. Was in second place for a while on Saturday with a 16 something which was quickly knocked, but nonetheless, hooked Into a ton of fish, ate great food, met lots of super cool local anglers, and all in all, had an unforgettable experience.
Me and my buddies were originally hesitant, mainly because we didn't know if $300 each was worth it, but in the end, it forced us to go fishing Saturday, which we wouldn't have done after looking at the forecast. Well Saturday turned out to be one of our best days locally ever, until today. Was ganagbusters for about an hour and a half at one point.
Lots of New experiences. One thing I found particularly awesome was when 4 PM rolled around a fleet of 50+ boats would storm towards the north arm and head up the river together as if headed out to war. Pretty cool to be part of the fleet!
Will be going back next year for sure.

Back