Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Which ones? Etec G2 150hp?
All of them lol. Twin 90's, 150's, 250's g2, etc. For a while government of various levels got them super cheap, which turned expensive in the long run. We took care of them and didn't run them hard and still blew 3 gearboxes and 4 powerheads on 1200 hours on the 250's. Cooling issues on the 90's that persisted after swapping out impellers on both engines multiple times, 350 hours on that set. 300 g2's blew both gearboxes at 600 hours and used so much oil we ended up buying it by the barrel. Any small fuel savings were offset by the hideously expensive oil, I have a special place of hatred for those things. Just a small selection of problems I've encountered. Not to mention they're super loud and vibrate like crazy, which is very uncomfortable on aluminum boats!

All of them lol. Twin 90's, 150's, 250's g2, etc. For a while government of various levels got them super cheap, which turned expensive in the long run. We took care of them and didn't run them hard and still blew 3 gearboxes and 4 powerheads on 1200 hours on the 250's. Cooling issues on the 90's that persisted after swapping out impellers on both engines multiple times, 350 hours on that set. 300 g2's blew both gearboxes at 600 hours and used so much oil we ended up buying it by the barrel. Any small fuel savings were offset by the hideously expensive oil, I have a special place of hatred for those things. Just a small selection of problems I've encountered. Not to mention they're super loud and vibrate like crazy, which is very uncomfortable on aluminum boats!
Your not the only one saying that, heard lots of bs on those g2, one guy here ditch 2x 250 ho because they kept cutting out, had to reboot them, his a mechanic here, took them off and put twin 300suke on, those thing sat in a container for a long time nobody wanted them, dealer included

Seems like a very nice DE 176 for the year and price. This is one of few that makes me feel less sh!tty about the price I got for mine.

Back