Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

1971 Corvette Stingray I purchased in 1998.

This car came from Kelowna and was a total mess with damaged interior, suspension system screwed up and burned-out engine, but it had a great paint job. I looked for a 1971 because I like how the back window comes out and not many around. I also had a 350 ci LT1 engine that I removed from a firebird I was racing. This car is way more complex than the Mustang and takes a lot of time and work to do anything on it.

I installed an entire new interior in 2020. The engine is a 355 ci chevy, 4 bolt mains, balanced, and blueprinted to turn 7K ( only rev it to 6,200 due to I run purple strip valve springs), trw pistons, racing rods, Dart heads ported and polished with SS wolverine valves, headers and 2x 2.5-inch exhaust. The tranny is a turbo 400 with TCI clutches and B&M shift kit. The rear end was built by Ian Wood racing in Vancouver after I blew it up with the new engine.

Attachments

• vette engine.jpg
    vette engine.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 57
  • vette interior.jpg
    vette interior.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 1971 LT1 vette.jpg
    1971 LT1 vette.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 57
All amazing rides, well done. Everyone has seen the 240Z before which was "finished" 10 years ago and sits in the garage most of the time. The biggest pita has been the exhaust. Spent more on that then rebuilding the motor but here we are, finally a correct thick flange kit I installed last week. Fits amazing even around the r200, zero clearance issues. Just in time for winter haha.20230925_205031.jpgScreenshot_20230924_171749_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230924_171621_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I have two cars.

1966 convertible Décor luxury mustang, 51,000 miles on it.

This car sat in a garage for over 18 years, and I had to replace anything with a rubber seal in it like shocks, steering rack, and the carpets…. I also stripped the entire interior out and replaced the carpets due to an oil stained carpet, all the other parts of the interior are original and were super cleaned and installed back in the car. There was no rust, and the entire interior and trunk were sprayed with rubber base paint and sound deadener install before re assembly.

There were 72,000 rag top mustangs made in 1966 and only 12,500 Décor models and this one was made in San Jose.

Optional Interior Décor Group included: Pleated seats with galloping pones, Rally-Pac clock and tachometer combo, Walnut grained trims, full length shifter console, moulded door panels, Pistol-grip door handles, courtesy lighting, and power top. Matching trunk mat , tire cover and jack bag. 289 ci (c2), front power disk brakes, power steering, steel style wheels, handling package and a Cruise-O Matic tranny.

Soo nice, and what a pair sitting in the driveway hard decision which one to take out for a drive!!

1971 Corvette Stingray I purchased in 1998.

This car came from Kelowna and was a total mess with damaged interior, suspension system screwed up and burned-out engine, but it had a great paint job. I looked for a 1971 because I like how the back window comes out and not many around. I also had a 350 ci LT1 engine that I removed from a firebird I was racing. This car is way more complex than the Mustang and takes a lot of time and work to do anything on it.

I installed an entire new interior in 2020. The engine is a 355 ci chevy, 4 bolt mains, balanced, and blueprinted to turn 7K ( only rev it to 6,200 due to I run purple strip valve springs), trw pistons, racing rods, Dart heads ported and polished with SS wolverine valves, headers and 2x 2.5-inch exhaust. The tranny is a turbo 400 with TCI clutches and B&M shift kit. The rear end was built by Ian Wood racing in Vancouver after I blew it up with the new engine.

I forgot how much you "sit in" a Corvette of that vintage.

Ian Wood of IWE Rear Ends Only?

All amazing rides, well done. Everyone has seen the 240Z before which was "finished" 10 years ago and sirs in the garage most of the time. The biggest pita has been the exhaust. Spent more on that then rebuilding the motor but here we are, finally a correct thick flange kit I installed last week. Fits amazing even around the r200, zero clearance issues. Just in time for winter haha.View attachment 98465View attachment 98466View attachment 98467

Rite off the show room floor!!

Love seeing old vehicles kept up, no matter the make , imo they just dont build them with the style anymore.

Hey my 2020 Corolla SE drives wayy better than the C1 but you dont get the waves and smiles when driving it! Lol

"Smiles per mile!"

I thought there was already a thread on here about this, but I'll go again.
1968 Acadian
All original interior, bodywork and paint done 15 years ago. Engine bay and undercarriage stripped to bar metal and painted. 355ci SBC, Dart heads, Comp 272 can, Edelbrock Air Gap intake, 5-speed Tremec, 10 bolt posi.
I thought so to but a search didn't bring it back.

In the event anyone is looking for a very good custom exhaust guy on the lower Island (which is hard to find now) I would highly recommend Mark Nunn who used to own Claire Downey Auto in Sidney. He has a nice home shop and is an excellent fabricator and welder. He only takes on nicer projects with custom work involved...not into the muffler shop jobs. I have his number if anyone needs him.

We've had the 66 Beaumont for 30+ years and will never sell it. All stock (except the wheels) and we're the third owners. The only thing that doesn't work is the radio but even if it worked I'd rather listen to the engine when driving.

The 68 Firebird is fairly new to us and is all stock (400, 4 speed, 4 barrel, hood mounted tach, dual exhaust, power top, #'s matching). It sets you back in the seat when you punch it. Cool story, the colour (verdoro green) was picked by John DeLorean's wife, when she saw an ash tray that colour at a party in the 60's and told John it would make a great colour for a car. DeLorean was the head of the Pontiac division of GM so he had the colour created.

Not only a pleasure to drive them but the history and what they represent at that time is so interesting. And...the appraisals have gone through the roof!PHOTO-2022-04-03-17-30-24 12.jpg66 Beaumont.jpg68 Firebird.JPG

DeLorean's other GM claim to fame was putting the antenna inside the windshield sometime in the 60's, which gave you static every time the wiper crossed over the windshield.

My old expensive hobby that was tossed on top of boats and fishing lol 85 k5 blazer that I redid from ground up with new tub and big block 1 tons etc, then my pride and joy 55 Chevy that I custom built into a 4x4 with 4 link and 3 link suspension and ls engine nv4500 trans etc didn’t get to finish it unfortunately but did buy a house instead! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_2890.jpeg
    IMG_2890.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2895.jpeg
    IMG_2895.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2894.jpeg
    IMG_2894.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2932.jpeg
    IMG_2932.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3380.jpeg
    IMG_3380.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 56031138602__19F6D2E7-2BBE-4EE6-AB39-44282EA2CD84.jpeg
    56031138602__19F6D2E7-2BBE-4EE6-AB39-44282EA2CD84.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 56031123718__828D481A-15B9-472D-8B53-BF6027AF88AD.jpeg
    56031123718__828D481A-15B9-472D-8B53-BF6027AF88AD.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 36
  • nicksblazer.jpeg
    nicksblazer.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 37
We've had the 66 Beaumont for 30+ years and will never sell it. All stock (except the wheels) and we're the third owners. The only thing that doesn't work is the radio but even if it worked I'd rather listen to the engine when driving.

The 68 Firebird is fairly new to us and is all stock (400, 4 speed, 4 barrel, hood mounted tach, dual exhaust, power top, #'s matching). It sets you back in the seat when you punch it. Cool story, the colour (verdoro green) was picked by John DeLorean's wife, when she saw an ash tray that colour at a party in the 60's and told John it would make a great colour for a car. DeLorean was the head of the Pontiac division of GM so he had the colour created.

Not only a pleasure to drive them but the history and what they represent at that time is so interesting. And...the appraisals have gone through the roof!View attachment 98505View attachment 98507View attachment 98508

There's a guy out in Langley who can rebuild old radios. He has an old Blaupunkt on mine out of a 911 that is worth ridiculous cash and all mine needs is bulbs. I can track down his contact if you want to check with him about the radio in the Beaumont.

Awesome firebird, and I love all the DeLorean stories, he got a bit out over his skis in life but kudos to him and all the progress he made for us gear heads. GTO...

There's a guy out in Langley who can rebuild old radios. He has an old Blaupunkt on mine out of a 911 that is worth ridiculous cash and all mine needs is bulbs. I can track down his contact if you want to check with him about the radio in the Beaumont.

Awesome firebird, and I love all the DeLorean stories, he got a bit out over his skis in life but kudos to him and all the progress he made for us gear heads. GTO...
That would be great ab1752. Thanks. Love seeing what others have and the stories behind them. We get approached so often by others who wished they hadn't sold their old car to do a kitchen reno :(

That would be great ab1752. Thanks. Love seeing what others have and the stories behind them. We get approached so often by others who wished they hadn't sold their old car to do a kitchen reno :(

Haha yep...ok, let me get it for you tomorrow. Will PM...

IMG_2557.jpg
1974 fj40,this was it in the beginning stages put a 3 inch lift on it,33" tires,disc brake conversion,tube bumper,10,000 lb winch,jeep jump seat,transfer case from a 3 speed truck,lower gear ratio,guy who bought it came all the way from Portland,when he knocked on my door I told he'd have to come back in a couple hours,just glad I didn't have to see it running around town... also lost a 327 1957 Pontiac starchief,and a 47 dodge business man's coupe with the suicide doors,to a failed marriage,if I could just get rid of this fishing addiction I'd own another of my favorites,a 67,8,9 340 dart gt

Back