You BEST COHO LURE

DogBreath:- just curious where you procured those spinner shafts for your flies........?
Long long ago I bought them and the tiny weights/spinner bodies from Pen Tac -which is still around but is now crazy expensive to do business with.

Luremaking.com sells something like them here called Open Looped Wire Shafts you can just wrap the other end around whatever to make a loop-they sell small weights too.

For that matter many local tackle stores sell spinner making components that are suitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogbreath; I had read that broken back tomic's were deadly, but have been unable to find any cheap ones/used ones. Any colours best? Neat to see/hear it works so well for you.
also is that a coyote 3.5 silver hex? I tried one this summer in van harbour vs a watermelon and only the watermelon caught fish, the silver hex failed to catch. Question. West coast only?
thread starter; do you fish in van harbour?

have been unable to find any cheap ones/used ones. Any colours best?

Green/White it came in another colour but I took a magic marker to it and Yes they are tough to find and expensive to buy off the net.

is that a coyote 3.5 silver hex? I tried one this summer in van harbour vs a watermelon and only the watermelon caught fish, the silver hex failed to catch.

The photo is a few years old that spoon is a beater now but it was an original US made Coyote not too fond of the newer models.

Question. West coast only?
The articulated plug works best everywhere but Vancouver harbour maybe because we're usually fishing deeper and I switch to something Glo if it's below 40' or so.

Back