Yamaha F300 or F350 have flywheel problems?

Rayvon

I'm looking at a boat with a 2014 F300 Yamaha with just over 200 Hrs. on it. I've google searched trying to find out if it was only the V8 F350 that had the flywheel problem or did the 4.2 V6 F300 have the problem too.It's clear the V8's were problematic,but not so clear on the V6, or whether Yamaha fixed them after a certain year? Can anybody in the know clarify for me ,so I know if I should proceed with the sale? Thanks

And oil pan issues!!! and crank shaft issues

I'm looking at a boat with a 2014 F300 Yamaha with just over 200 Hrs. on it. I've google searched trying to find out if it was only the V8 F350 that had the flywheel problem or did the 4.2 V6 F300 have the problem too.It's clear the V8's were problematic,but not so clear on the V6, or whether Yamaha fixed them after a certain year? Can anybody in the know clarify for me ,so I know if I should proceed with the sale? Thanks
The V6 are good to go ray
Was just the v8s that are a problem
I’ve got 2 same year 1700 they’ve never had anything besides oil changes

Ray the 300's were good..Doug from D&D Charters would be a good person to have a chat with. He had one on his 24 Skagit,

And oil pan issues!!! and crank shaft issues
Are you referring to the 300 or 350 Roy? The flywheel harmonic balancer was what broke the crankshafts in the 350,didn't hear about an oil pan issue.

Well I know of 3 guys that had them "blow up" 2 renny guys and 1 sooke guy 300 and 350

Well I know of 3 guys that had them "blow up" 2 renny guys and 1 sooke guy 300 and 350
We had one go at 800h. Right at the beginning of its 3rd year. Milkshake. Does happen with some regularity on the ukee dock with the 300 yam.
On the other side, I got 1800h out of my 300 yam in the single application and it was worked hard. Both those engines were 2016 vintage.
I would buy the 300 yamaha but they have not been as reliable as the 2008 vintage yam 250s (those went forever), or as good as the 2010+ 300 suzuki. The 300 zuk has been the most reliable main engine outta ukee since the 250 yams aged out.

Stopped into Sherwood Marine and asked the senior tech to settle the dispute and he says it's just the 350 w/flywheel problems,not the 300. Maybe some 300's blow up for other reasons,wish I could buy new and get on with fishing.

We had one go at 800h. Right at the beginning of its 3rd year. Milkshake. Does happen with some regularity on the ukee dock with the 300 yam.
On the other side, I got 1800h out of my 300 yam in the single application and it was worked hard. Both those engines were 2016 vintage.
I would buy the 300 yamaha but they have not been as reliable as the 2008 vintage yam 250s (those went forever), or as good as the 2010+ 300 suzuki. The 300 zuk has been the most reliable main engine outta ukee since the 250 yams aged out.
But they are so much prettier than the zuke. Either you can get the reliable eye candy Yammy or the ultra reliable (and ultra performance) of the Zuk dp. I went with the eye candy :)

Back