Wtb--trailerable 21-24 ft boat

nah, probably not... good chance it is stripped pretty bare though :) Have fished on a few "name brand" boats down here that look ok, mechanincs are good, hull sound, but thats where it begins and stops. No comfort features, no head, no bunks, cuddy is a storage shed. :)

My opinion as well on these hulls. They seem like a fancier version of a Trophy. In Tofino, friends don't let friends buy a Trophy.

Just curious,as i am starting to look around as well. do you mean the bayliner trophy or the Trophy brand boats? I think they are Trophy Pro maybe??

went to the Victoria boat show- new (2009 model old stock 21 ft with 5l I/O) 46,000.oo nice eye candy, but seemed flimsy???

Anyone know if it is possible to buy a new hull from a dealer---starting to think it would be a good idea to strip all my good stuff from my proline and use the trailer I have along with my newly rebuilt 150 optimax---any suggestions? thanks

Sure it's possible, but you won't get any sort of a deal -- the dealers buy their boats and engines generally as packages. You are WAY better off scouring eBay, BoatTrader and going to that bank repo outlet we discussed above and buying a good hull with a junk engine than buying something new. Get a survey done on a hull and make sure there is no rot or anything too expensive. You could replace all the fixtures, thru hulls and really set it up nice for the money you'd save over buying new. I really don't see much of an advantage of buying something new over a late model hull. There are tons and tons of boats out there with almost no usage that have 30-50% taken off their price due to depreciation. Using the Striper as an example, they have a 10 year transferable hull warranty -- other manufacturers have similar warranties.

BTW, I've had really good success using a brokerage out of the US called POP Yachts -- very quick to respond. Doesn't hurt to go to their website, tell them what you are looking for and see what they can come up with. They found the perfect boat for me in about 45 minutes!!!

wow- thanks a bunch and I appreciate the advice- emailed the fellow with the grady white- big boat, but they are nice!

tubber something looks fishy with that add....a 2007 23 foot walk around for $14100...usually if it looks too good to be true it probably is..

there is a company in ladner that restores all kinds of boats and sets them up for the wet coast 20 to 28 feet,,, i will try and find there name, about ten years ago i almost bought a 20ft grady from them ??? anyone know their name??

brant marine--good tip----I have also noticed a guide lodge in the QC's selling a 21 boston whaler hull- the pictures are of several different hulls and they were taken in 2007 or prior---can be shipped by barge to Van.---a little afraid to make a leap when they won't provide current pictures--Sure a nice hull though

Just curious,as i am starting to look around as well. do you mean the bayliner trophy or the Trophy brand boats? I think they are Trophy Pro maybe??

Striper is a step above Trophy. The two are really intermediate fiberglass boats. Look good don't get me wrong - but ride rough. You'll feel it in your bones after a while. The Stripers are fairly narrow also at the stern.
All you have to do is compare the ride of those two over a Wellcraft Coastal or ProLine or Grady White or Boston Whaler. It's night and day.
Just my 2 cents.

Back