Wtb--trailerable 21-24 ft boat

MRACER

Starting new thread as advised--going to the Victyoria boat show next week so should get some ideas..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:21I too am looking for a replacement boat- my wants start with "TRAILERABLE" SO 21- 24 FT WOULD FIT THE BILL--NEED ROOM FOR A MARINE HEAD (WIFES REQUEST) would like an alaska bulkhead and would like opinions on I/O power as that seems to be the majority power on this type of boat---help? Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today 06:13 PM #34 TenMile
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact Send Email

Posts:694MRACER -- I'm a big fan of Stripers -- they've got 2 or 3 boats that meet your needs -- 2101, 2301 or 2601 (or new 2605) -- all come with a bulkhead option. Smaller units come with a porta-potti, the larger ones come with a head. All are trailerable. IMHO they have the best user community at www.seastriper.com -- run by owners for owners with tons of advice and excellent ideas for modifications. Very high quality boat at a very good price. They have both I/O and OB options for engines.

You may want to start another thread for your specific needs.

I agree! There are good prices there. I feel like selling my boat and going down to the states to pick up one of those Stripers :)

Here's another.

http://www.ymarinaboats.com/default.asp

I bought my current boat from these guys last year. If you see one you like and are serious, they have an "easy offer" button. Give them a fair price and they'll call you right away. They treated me very well. It's about an 8-9 hour drive one way from the border, but it wasn't too bad. The way the CAD$ is going and US economy (especially Oregon), you can get a pretty good deal. And, no sales tax in Oregon!

REALLY APPRECIATE this information guys--a lot of the boats were marked sold, but I am sure more will appear and plan to phone them after the boat show in Victoria next weekend.. Why do you guys like the striper as oppossed to trophy pro or similar boats?

I have bin out on my buddys 2005 21ft Striper on the west coast a few times and I think its the worst riding hull I have been on...and WET,thank god it had a "alaskan package" windshield,cause its a non stop down poor on a clear day on those things!

They do look nice sitting on the trailer though!

Good to know about Stripers, Ive never been on one and yes, they are nice looking boats. Hey, how are you making out with your new boat?

I have bin out on my buddys 2005 21ft Striper on the west coast a few times and I think its the worst riding hull I have been on...and WET,thank god it had a "alaskan package" windshield,cause its a non stop down poor on a clear day on those things!

They do look nice sitting on the trailer though!

My opinion as well on these hulls. They seem like a fancier version of a Trophy. In Tofino, friends don't let friends buy a Trophy.

I am not that experienced when it comes to boats, but I have heard nothing but good things about campions explorers. When ever we go up to McNeill there is a ton of em out in the water.

Some friends of mine are selling their unit and I think it meets your criteria. It's only a couple years old with very low usage. From what I can remember it's 24 ft Robalo? with 250 Yamy on the back with a Honda Kicker. It's fully dressed and comes with all of the gear as well. It was chartered on contract to OBMG here in CR until the captain/guide they had hired to run the boat for them got into it with one of the head honchos and got the boat canned from the agreement. If you send me an email I have about 50 pics of the unit. She's a pretty sweet looking rig from what I've seen. It's also got the highest certification for guiding already. You can buy just the boat or the turn-key company with all the registries and website etc. Last I heard they were looking for $50,000 for the whole works.

If anyone else is interested PM me here with an email address and I'll forward everything I've got on it. I didn't post the picks here because I suck at that stuff.

If possible go with an welded aluminum boat. Super tuff, lightweight, low maintenance and hold their value well over time. I would avoid a boat with an I/O engine. Outboard motors overall are more reliable, easier to maintain and just as powerful and fuel efficient. Outboards also don't take up valuable cockpit space like I/O's do. That's my 2 bits.

That's worth more than 2 bits, and all true and valid arguements---don't find many alumn outboard powered boats with a head in the 30-35 thou range though---

There's a nice looking 21 foot Striper at this site. Maybe a little underpowered?? I don't know much about this place but some of the prices seem pretty decent.

http://bellinghamboatland.com/

I actually called Bellingham Boatland last week. While they have a couple of boats in their yard, these guys are really a wholesale broker and purchase boats from the wholesale auctions and bank repos. They take a large deposit ($5-10K) based upon the cost of the boat you are buying and weekly they will send you the list and complete description of all the boats coming to auction. Deposit is required before you get the listings, and all but $250 of this deposit is refundable if you change your mind. They tell me that the boat descriptions all come with a complete mechanical report (compression tests included) and details of any issues. They indicate that if the boat is not 100% as described, that you don't have to buy it (but good luck proving that one).

They tell me that they can find almost any boat -- particularly the larger mass produced brands (Striper, Wellcraft, Bayliner, SeaRay). Canadian models (Campion, Silver Streak, Lifetimer) are basically nearly impossible to get as they aren't sold much in the US. He suggested that as far as prices go, take a look at the average retail prices in Nada for the boat you are looking at, and you can expect to pay about 30-40% less. Of course, buying a bank repo can be a big risk, but some of the savings can go back into making any repairs you wanted.

burnsy22- wow- both boats are nice (alumn stabicraft isn't pretty, but I bet it looks good with a salmon on the cutting table! I googled it, and seems well built and comes from New Zealand-- I phoned the alumn boat and left a message- will let you guys know what I find---I'm a little parinoid because I went to Friday Harbor to look at an alumn boat --2 ferry's- met a surveyor there and when I saw the boat I just said forget the survey and he took 100 bucks and left---it looked great in the pictures, but they must have been when he bought the boat- like meeting girls on the internet- one should ask for a picture of her holding todays newspaper-LOL! so you don't find out she miraculously gained 50 lbs and forgot to shave----the boat had a ton of corrosion mainly due to neglect--live and learn

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 21 proline wa hardtop at present with a 150 optimax with under 4 hours and a 9.9 merc 4 stroke which is similar to 2 of them-selling it for 18,500.00 The Kingfisher makes me drool with lust!

Posted on the Striper Owner's Club site:

’05 Seaswirl Striper 2601 Limited Addition. This boat has twin 150 Yamaha 4 strokes with stainless steal props. ’07 15 hp 4stroke kicker with electric start and power tilt. 160 gallon fuel tank. Raymarine C-80 with 4kw radar, GPS, fish finder and Auto Pilot. VHF marine radio, CD, AM FM Stereo and 4 speakers. Live bait well 4 fish boxes and macerators. Removable cabin table and back deck bench seats, alcohol stove, and marine head. Fresh and raw water wash downs and fresh water tanks, shore power, battery charger, etc, etc, etc. This is a Limited Addition Boat fully loaded! EZ load trailer. $49,950 or make offer.

Back