WTB: RED Islander MR3

Pineapple Express

Looking to buy an RED Islander MR3. Not in a rush. Please let me know if you have one to sell or come across one for sale online.

I'm in NVan. Will pay shipping if required

Feb 2021 edit: doesn't have to be ported...any red MR3 will be considered

Last edited:
OK...let's bump this up. Still looking for another red MR3. Please post up if you have one to sell or come across one on FB (since I'm not on there).

Thanks!

Any particular reason why you are seeking ported reel? The extra air flow causes cork to dry out more quickly, meaning more maintenance to keep a very spendy reel running smoothly.

Any particular reason why you are seeking ported reel? The extra air flow causes cork to dry out more quickly, meaning more maintenance to keep a very spendy reel running smoothly.

Maybe I'll edit my post. I originally wanted ported to have a matched set. Any red MR3 will be considered.

You need ported for when the drag is screaming that extra airflow keeps the cork from exploding enabling the fish to run amok. It’s a safety feature really :cool:

Back