WTB radar

salmonkiller01

Looking to add radar to my boat. I currently have an lcx112 and hds 7. Would look at any brand if dome and head unit. An Lra dome for lcx or ? Let me know. Mid island but travel Campbell to Victoria.
not looking for newest greatest set up
Thanks

Your better off buying the furuno first watch wireless radar that views on an app via phone or tablet. The LCX and second gen hds radar is terrible. Not only that expensive to buy unless you find used which will also be tough. Think the fununo wireless radar is 1200 bucks if I remember right

Your better off buying the furuno first watch wireless radar that views on an app via phone or tablet. The LCX and second gen hds radar is terrible. Not only that expensive to buy unless you find used which will also be tough. Think the fununo wireless radar is 1200 bucks if I remember right
Was hoping someone would be upgrading and buy a whole system. Really like my lcx. Been flawless. Want to keep for gps and sounder Have looked at a few Raymarine system but lost out

The lcx unit is great for a sounder. GPS.. meh. The radar back then was a child's toy. The first and second gen hds radar were child toys as well.

Any of the modern radars are going to be great for sport use. To get into somthing like that is not cheap. However that furuno unit is simple, works great, and it's an easy install.

Last edited:
Back