WTB Racor fuel filter/water separator

Yes I do, but I'm in Victoria.

rysate4y.jpg

im interested in the one with the alum base on the right with the top as well....can you send me your number and ill phone you later...

thanks Wolf

I'd be happy with $20. I can't speak to the integrity of the fuel filters themselves they may or may not have life left. I bought these second hand and never installed it. Was told the one attached to the bracket is used the other was a new spare but its been sitting out in the previous owners garage for I don't know how long it doesn't look new to me but inside it might be?

Fisher dude has first dibbs but hopefully he doesn't want it and wolf has some pepperoni or other smoked meat (not salmon) to trade?

You can break it down into the three components and inspect them. What is most important is that the head (top unit) is in good shape and does not have a lot of oxidation - Al oxide white powder under the paint eating away the Aluminum, especially if it starts to infringe on the seal area. I replaced both of mine because of this. The filter element itself should be replaced periodically and should be if it is used and been sitting. The Al water separator section at the bottom is the model designed for being installed in motor compartments with inboard motors for safety but is not as convenient as the clear plastic one for outboards that you can glance at quickly from the outside and see if it needs to have the water drained. I would check it for Al oxidation also. As I understand it, you can use an Al water separator in place of a plastic one but not the other way around in terms of the correct safe application (no plastic separator in the inboard motor compartment).

GDW, I'm interested in the plastic one on the left. I'll be back in Vic next week. I'll send you my contact info

Ill take it can you pm your number ??or I can you please call me thank

Wolf

Back