WTB: Originial shimano techniums

brands51

Looking to buy original shimano technium 10’6 mooching rods, ideally looking for a 10-20lb but will entertain 12-25. No trigger handles, and have no interest in the new “blue style”.

I run the old Techniums. But, I broke the tip on one. I went through the warranty process and they shipped me a blue blank one. Curious why the new ones are undesirable?

I run the old Techniums. But, I broke the tip on one. I went through the warranty process and they shipped me a blue blank one. Curious why the new ones are undesirable?
The originals were bulletproof! New ones are a nice rod until they’re a 3 piece. I snapped one original technium in 6 years, snapped two of the new ones this summer.

Thanks
Good to know
I’ll take better care of the ones I have.
We started bringing our cat, on the boat, for extended trips. He decided to chew on the one that broke. Exploring his new environment with his mouth. Now I cover up all my rods, before he comes aboard

The new ones are no longer TC4 construction and so not as durable as the old ones. Why Shimano did this is beyond me? The old TC4 Techniums are pretty bullet proof.

The new ones are no longer TC4 construction and so not as durable as the old ones. Why Shimano did this is beyond me? The old TC4 Techniums are pretty bullet proof.
Too bulletproof. Don't buy as many rods if they don't break every. I haven't heard anyone that's preferred the new blanks to the old. Only durability complaints from the guys that gave them a go. Standard bs. Way to go Shimano.

fenwick did the same thing, then trophy did it with the titan line up, now shimano. The new techniums are a nice rod but brittle in the top section. They have warrantied a couple for me now but when that stops I’ll switch to something else

The other issue with the new Blue ones is the foam but section. The last few inches of the but is just foam. I had three on them break off from side loading in the tube style rod holder. I glued them back on and put a heat shrink rod wrap on them but not happy about.

I just picked up a couple of these, how can I tell if they are the older ones or newer ones?

Mike

Perfect, acquired them from someone, they look like the ones above!
Thanks
Mike

Back