WTB Hardy Longstone Reel

saanauk

Looking to buy another Longstone or two. Looking for reels in decent shape but would consider reels missing parts as I have tons of spare parts.

Would require shipping (that I would pay) to just across the border to Bellingham as the border opening anytime soon doesn’t look optimistic.

Thanks,
Gabe

I have 2 that are in great shape, wasn't really thinking about selling but I never use them, what are they going for these days? I will post a couple pics.

There is one on Craigslist - boat parts for $100 Seems to be in very good shape.
Yeah I saw that one. The guy was not interested in shipping. Would have been perfect as I have the spare parts to just swap out a new spindle.

I have 2 that are in great shape, wasn't really thinking about selling but I never use them, what are they going for these days? I will post a couple pics.
Man prices are tough. I guess as much as people are willing to pay. Have seen unused perfect condition ones sell for $125 USD (missed out on that one) and have seen rashed out corroded ones sell for $250 USD. I guess it just depends on how interested someone is on selling/buying.

I’ve bought a few in the last 5 years or so. Beaters but functional are 125/150ish, decent 175/200, minty 225/250.

they’re pretty much indestructible. I have one I got used in about 1980. It has a shitload of hard miles on it but still works like a champ. It’s ugly, but man does it sing with a screamer on the other end of the line.

you could try pm-ing Stormtrooper but i don’t think he likes to part with anything fishing related based on his impressive gear and tackle collection.

i know he has a few longstones

They run around $200 for really nice ones.. a little more with cases etc. you can find functional ones in the $100 range. I know Morris Trace in Campbell River usually has a few for sale

CR Greg

Probably have to wait till hunting season is over. But if Morris has one for sale you can trust his description, Very upstanding guy.
They run around $200 for really nice ones.. a little more with cases etc. you can find functional ones in the $100 range. I know Morris Trace in Campbell River usually has a few for sale

CR Greg

Thanks for everyone’s replies. Found a couple that should work out just fine.

Just out of curiosity who is Morris Trace in Campbell River? Just a personal guy or does he own a shop?

There are a couple for sale on here now, Look to be decent reels at a reasonable price.
Morris T is a tackle collector/dealer who is pretty tapped in for vintage gear in particular Ill PM you his contact info

Back