WTB bravo 1 or bravo 1 parts

BryceWCP

Ran into some trouble the other day coming back from fishing offshore bamfield. Luckily we got our limit of halibut. Sadly they may be more expensive than usual.

running home we got just passed the bamfield harbour when something let go. The engine rpm skyrocketed and we had no propulsion. Prop and hub all intact so I know it’s internal. I will be proceeding to tear the leg apart soon.

anyone have a similar problem that could point me in the right direction? I’m thinking lower gear set as turning the prop is very difficult and very rough.

so if anyone has any bravo one parts laying around, a lower half or even a full leg might come in handy.

thanks for reading
Bryce.

Bravos are mostly good in the bottom end, check gear oil and that will tell you if gears or bearings are issue. I’d look at the coupler on the back of fly wheel and clutch pack in the top of the drive. Most time the clutch pack will give you some notice to something starting to go. If the coupler goes on the back of fly wheel the engine will rev up and the boat won’t go

thanks
Bravos are mostly good in the bottom end, check gear oil and that will tell you if gears or bearings are issue. I’d look at the coupler on the back of fly wheel and clutch pack in the top of the drive. Most time the clutch pack will give you some notice to something starting to go. If the coupler goes on the back of fly wheel the engine will rev up and the boat won’t go
Thanks for the reply. The leg oil reservoir is still full. I will look into the coupler and the clutch pack.

Turns out the lower is completely toast. Leg is an 88 does anyone have a 88era bravo 1, 2, or 3. Complete or just lower. Thanks.

Turns out the lower is completely toast. Leg is an 88 does anyone have a 88era bravo 1, 2, or 3. Complete or just lower. Thanks.
Hello, I have a bunch of marine parts ...including about 40 (yess - forty !) outdrives in all kind of shapes . If you know what exactly do you need - welcome to see and find your match.

Hello, I have a bunch of marine parts ...including about 40 (yess - forty !) outdrives in all kind of shapes . If you know what exactly do you need - welcome to see and find your match.
Thanks for the reply. I luckily found a lower leg today that I picked up. It is a newer version with the updated oil path. I talked to a mercury tech over the phone and he said most people in my situation just plug the new hole in the lower and it works as it should. Will be tackling that project this weekend!

Back