WTB: Abel Mooching Reels

smp747

Crew Member
Looking for 2 Abel mooching reels. Not in a rush but if anyone is looking to unload any please let me know.

Thanks

You missed a hell of a deal a couple weeks ago. A guy was selling a pair for $500 each if I remember correctly

They do come up but infrequently. Facebook marketplace and all the other sales sites. Not a lot of guys run them and they’re kinda a lifetime type purchase.
Good luck on your hunt!!!

Yeah interesting that’s more then retail on those first gens..... I never payed more then $600 for any of mine like that brand new....

Those are worth $900 a pop with some strangers name on them?
$1500+ plus tax new. I wouldn’t pay $900. The price jumped on them a few years back. I bought my first one new 5 years ago for $750. Within a couple months they jumped to $1250. Now they’re $1550. This seller has had them for long enough that he may have paid the lowest amount. Hard to say. Six months ago I bought one with one season on it for $700. Two weeks ago I bought another pair for $1100. I’d say this seller is reaching a bit far.

They jumped because we went from a 10-12% dollar to a 35% dollar. Then they redid the reel and it rose abit more, again further inflated by a weak dollar. $1500 models are custom paint reels that are hand painted, regular gloss black are still under a grand and colours typically $100 more. You get what you pay for.

I think that is an error...$1049 at Fred’s...under $1200 elsewhere.

my comments are based on the fact that people hear don’t seem to appreciate how much the CDN / USD plays a factor in pricing. It’s not Abel just cranking prices.

also note the Islander also just had a price jump because the cost of machining these reels and raw product is jumping.

Last edited:
Back