WTB 90 hp Four Stroke

chris73

If someone hears about a well looked after 90 hp four stroke outboard for sale, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM. Looking for something max. 5 years old, preferably low hours, complete with prop and controls, 20" leg. Yamaha, Suzuki, would look at Honda too. If someone knows of a used 90 hp Etec for sale - that'd be an option too. For a good deal I would travel up island or lower mainland too. Thanks!

Thanks craven. I talked to them today and I am unsure if those camp returns are actually a good deal. I got a quote for a yammi 90 and by the time you add controls, prop, install it is $8.5k and I think this is even before tax. And it would be a motor with 500 hours. The problem with 90 or 115 hp four strokes is that the lodges use them to troll all day - therefore the high hours in one year. I could get a brand new Suzuki 90 for only $1.5k more than that. Makes me wonder. But unfortunately I don't have $10k.

I hear you High Five. And it's not that this idea didn't cross my mind yet. But I do have a limited budget this year (and it will not be better next year unless I win the lottery) and just can't afford a $10-$12k purchase of whatever kind. I am looking at a $6k budget for repowering. Even if I did find a boat/motor package in that range for a motor swap, I have no room to park and sell a second boat. Selling my boat is no option until I have the budget to buy what would be my ultimate dream. I comletely rebuilt my boat and customized it to my needs and no one would be paying what it is worth to me. So I better used it well. So I will keep an eye on the outboard market and if the right offer comes up I will go for it. If you decide to repower, High Five, let me know, maybe we can pull a great deal if we buy in a double package! Lol

Chris there was a 115hp Yammy 4 stroke with low hours up in Campbell river for under 4 grand...Think it was a 2004 tho.

I can't seem to find it any more...Keep an eye out of buy and sell website and comox craiglsist....Will post anything if I see it or another good deal.

Unfortunately, that Etec is a 25" leg. I need 20".

Maybe I check out this Merc. See how heavy it is. I really do not need 115hp.

Chris I had Liquid Metals weld me help a bracket that raised my transom that few inches and bought a long shaft worked out great. I'm thinking that they charged me $300. Just a thought if you find a good deal on a motor.http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2916&stc=1&d=1327365018 This a picture if it works. That is my old boat but it was on there for 8 years no problems other then the power coat started to peel.

Attachments

• DSCF1945.jpg
    DSCF1945.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting concept, casper. Thanks for the idea. Have to do some research on the pros and cons of that.

Chris
Call Chris at Forsch Marine in Sidney.
I was looking recently and he had a nice used 4 stroke Yammy that I think could be in your price range.
I opted to put new bottom end on mine instead or replacing.

Tips

Chris. I used Chris at Forsch Marine when he was working at the other place before he went on his own. So he will know the set-up I had.Here's another shot of it. If I was to do it again I would get it the full way across the Transom,just a cleaner look.

Attachments

• DSCF1948.jpg
    DSCF1948.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 58
  • boat for sale pictures 034.jpg
    boat for sale pictures 034.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 71
Hi CHris, I have a 2007 f90 that I bought two years ago for a whaler, never got it installed before selling the whaler! "Good news" This motor has 105 hrs on it. Computer read out available. 45hrs under 1000rpm, 42hrs 4-5000 . "Bad news" it has cosmetic scratches due to some thief getting it off the transom and dragging it across the ground, then unable to lift it and left it !!

Back