WTB: 22-26' Walkaround

I'm curious Peahead,
What do you see that indicates a deck to hull leak? is it the pictures inside the cuddy with what looks like it could be water stains at the seam between the deck and hull?

Yes thats correct. Certainly not for sure but looks like it could be. I know a couple Trophy's and a older Campion that had this issue. I suspect the fix was not too difficult but tells you a bit about quality I'd say.

If those engines were maintained and not ran to hard the 600hrs they are advertising is nothing for those motors. If in turn you don't run them to hard as well you will get another 600 out of them and then some. That's not a bad looking boat. It will need some extras to get it to fishing mode but not a lot.

Think I may have found a good candidate to bring up from the states.. pretty damn far tho.. Would definitely need to repower but if I could get it here for $16k ish I think it would be worth it. http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/boa/4909419318.html

If you are serious about this one just be carefull with Craig's on long distance and private sales.

If photos are truly recent photos, the hull looks well kept for 91. I'd request recent photos with angles and views of items you choose so you not only gain more confidence the deal is a real one but also so you know they are more likely recent photos (since those photos are a result of your request).
I wouldn't trust the hours stated as being accurate even if a meter/guage displays 600hrs. Older outboards won't connect to computer for readout so hrs can't be proven. Hours possibly accurate if hull looks like its had lighter/minimal use and there is proof the pwr was on that hull for its entire life. Mechanic can estimate hours based on wear if you get that far in purchase. Find out if boat sat unused for long period/s as that is not good for pwr. no matter what hrs. The twin Pwr value is near zero.
Boat and pwr at 24 years old could very well be more of a project than you think. Unless you are mechnically savy the 91 twins could be costly to keep in repair and maintain (and run) . Repowering with low hour later model 4S twins would put you over budget and you'd still have a 24 year old hull. If all seems a pass from your own research then get surveyor and mechanic there for final checks and then if a pass.....you may have found a good one. Trailer is a plus here - value alone could be worth 4+ K in BC

Forgot to add that shipping will usually cost a bit more due to permits needed for the wider beam. Also realize that the travel costs to view and sea tial a boat ....and shipping costs are going to be the same no matter how old and cheap the boat is. So with older cheaper boats those costs are much higher percentage of boat price ( example; 4-6K travel to view and shipping costs for a $10K project boat are the same for when purchasing a similar size newish 30K boat)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice, I know the yamis have very little value, could probably trade them in somewhere for a couple of optis's or older 4s and get a couple grand for them. I wouldn't be travelling down there to look at the boat, would just hire a reputable surveyor in the area to go over it, then hire a shipper to get it up here. I know it's an older hull but those pursuits hold their value pretty well if there in good shape.

Sure do like the lines on those Stripers, unfortunately that one is at the top of my budget and doesn't come with a trailer. Hopefully more comes on the market with the spring coming soon.

Still in the market if anyone has anything, will be bringing something up from the states in a few weeks if nothing pops up here.

26 foot Proline Walk

Still in the market if anyone has anything, will be bringing something up from the states in a few weeks if nothing pops up here.

I have a 26 foot proline walk around for sale call if interested cheers Dave
250 882 7678

a nice boston whaler is on craigs right now!!

Back