WTB: 22-26' Walkaround

vanisland

Hello all, as the title states im looking for a 22-26' walkaround style boat setup, budget is $30K tops. Outboard much preferred unless its a crazy deal on an inboard. 2 stroke or 4 stoke, single or twins. Ideally looking for a Grady 23 or 25 sailfish due to the wide beam but will look at all WA style boats. Post up on this thread or pm me the details, Thanks.

Sweet, another thread we can all live vicariously through. Are you keeping your rig moored up?

Seeing as how much interest jeffy's thread got, I figured I would do the same. Boat will most likely be kept on a trailer.

Dmurph I took a look at that add, not too interested in twin inboard v8's, thanks tho.

And to think people say boats have crazy high depreciation. Yes I know it has been repowered but still, $33K for a 25 yr old hull, can't have cost much more than that new.

Hard to justify buying anything from the states right now with the weak dollar, would have to be a crazy deal. That pursuit is a nice setup for sure, those hulls seem to hold their value very well.

Bill Howich RV and Marine in Campbell River has a 23 Gulf Stream that'll go for 30k$. Talk to Darren Irving.

Seems to be lots of nice boats right at the top of my budget but not very many in the 20-25k range which would be ideal.

Hard to justify buying anything from the states right now with the weak dollar, would have to be a crazy deal. That pursuit is a nice setup for sure, those hulls seem to hold their value very well.

Not the deals to be had compared to 2-3 years ago due to a little higher asking prices plus the obvious - the brutal CAD dollar . Still well worth looking for sure though. Your comment that there... doesn't seem to be much out there... is a reason why you might want to look south....if not for a great deal, at least a similar deal to local but with WAYYY more choices. Landed price will include $ exchange rate and approx 3-4K in shipping so if you look at some of these links below you can see that considering you will get most boats for at least 10-15% less than asking price, these then can be had for about 19K-26KCAD including shipping (not including tax which you pay local as well) They are all 2 stroke older pwr

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...fstream-2787039/NC/United-States#.VPUDK3zF8dV

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...8626/Marshfield/MA/United-States#.VPUCVXzF8dV

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...West-Palm-Beach/FL/United-States#.VPUCwnzF8dV

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...17010/Oceanside/CA/United-States#.VPUDAHzF8dV

Pwr in some cases is the Yamaha Saltwater Series which I understand are pretty good 2 stroke motors. Either way new or newer used repwr would eventually be in order but any of these if checked out ok would be decent hulls -- I am biased but of the lot, the Grady 232 being my fav/better quality, plus a much bigger 23' due to wide beam.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-Grady-White-Gulfstream-232-102433621

This 2004 232 Gulfstream with the 300 Yami on Boat Trader (not stated in add but cowling label looks to be 4 stroke/not HPDI 2S) , while asking price is over your budget especially when you take into account exchange rate and shipping, is good for comparrison to a local asking price for a Grady in a package only 11 years old. And if you wanted to locate a 232 for sale locally in that age range , you'd likely be looking alot longer. Depending on shape/survey/mechanical/YDS/hours and what is included ( electronics, trailer etc) this could probably be had for 27-31 K USD - not bad for a 2004 Grady with 300 Yami 4S, even converted to our money. Unfortunately that sort of price is usually found where a 3-4 K shipping cost is necessary - not likely a quick tow from a Pacific Northwest Location.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am certainly not sure from just photos but this Trophy patyofunature posted looks to me like it may have a deck to hull leak. I know with some sketchy building practices combined with heavy pounding upper deck to hull bolts and calk can eventually break leaving some gap between hull and deck that allows water in during rougher seas. Also you gotta wonder how lightweight a 25' fiberglass boat must be if a single 225 is enough power.

I am certainly not sure from just photos but this Trophy patyofunature posted looks to me like it may have a deck to hull leak. I know with some sketchy building practices combined with heavy pounding upper deck to hull bolts and calk can eventually break leaving some gap between hull and deck that allows water in during rougher seas. Also you gotta wonder how lightweight a 25' fiberglass boat must be if a single 225 is enough power.

Not to mention that by the looks of the pics that boat got no lovin. The hr meter reads just over 400hrs and look at the shape she is in..she was road hard and put away wet with no affection.. I would stay away from this one..

I'm curious Peahead,
What do you see that indicates a deck to hull leak? is it the pictures inside the cuddy with what looks like it could be water stains at the seam between the deck and hull?

I'm curious Peahead,
What do you see that indicates a deck to hull leak? is it the pictures inside the cuddy with what looks like it could be water stains at the seam between the deck and hull?

Cuddy pictures show what may appear as stains running down the carpet, or it may be how the picture was taken. Good point though.

Back