Wtb 16 to 18 Double Eagle or Campion Explorer Outboard Only

Get used to the higher prices on used boats. The new boats keep going up and are now limited mostly to high income earners or those who wish to have a boat mortgage for 20 years.... this leaves you with a used market that continues to shrink and therefore higher prices. Nowadays it makes more sense to keep an older boat and repower it, way cheaper ... only deals that I've seen lately are south of the border. Just had a bud drag a boat up from mass. That's my thinkin lol

Reactions: Lee
Friend of mine has that boat/motor combination. I've fished with him many times out of Alder Bay, and while I've never looked at the speedo, the thing goes like stink. Certainly fast enough for my liking with that size boat!

I have a 16' DE with a 60hp and she does 30mph loaded. Going to upgrade to a 90hp soon as the holeshot can be real slow with heavy load.

I personally wouldn't get a 16. I love those boats but being in both of them it's amazing how much different the boat is. I always found 16ft a challenge with space.

I drove it for years but I really wish I had waited and bought 17 at the time. They also more in demand for resale .Good luck in your search.

Just keep your options open with 20k make sure it's boat you want. That's a lot in my view for a 16 footer.

Back