Women's Olympic Hockey - Thurs Canada vs USA

Yep & they better not make those defensive mistakes against the yanks...nevertheless bring em on...:)

I liked the hip check thrown by our girl. Let em play like the boys, they are already used to bleeding. ;)

It was good to see a competitive Swiss team and a great goalie as well. Hopefully a few more countries won't be long before they catch up to the top teams to make more of the games more interesting. When the top teams play each other it is entertaining hockey.

I sure hope the level of hockey picks up during the USA Canada game..... Cause today I was wondering why it was even considered an Olympic Sport..... Boring and super slow. I think our old timers here in town play a faster and better game.

This could spell the end of Olympic women's hockey. Not enough competition. Canada and USA have met in every gold medal game except for 2006 where USA won bronze. Some international programs need to step up or this sport will be squashed.

Edit: the IOC president disagrees with this comment apparently, just read the TSN article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the suggestion I heard on the radio - canada vs usa, 7 game series to determine gold, the rest of them can fight for the bronze

I sure hope the level of hockey picks up during the USA Canada game..... Cause today I was wondering why it was even considered an Olympic Sport..... Boring and super slow. I think our old timers here in town play a faster and better game.

qazy5eru.jpg

"After closing out a successful first season, the WNBA is considering several changes to improve the level of play in the league next year. Among the proposals: extending the playoffs, increasing salaries, bringing back the 3-point lne, and replacing all the female players with guys."

Did anyone watch the game the other day? The goalie went to put the puck off the boards and missed the puck completely and looked down to see it. Or how about the player who came around the back of the net and tried to put the puck to either of her two team mates in front of the net. It went right past them and out to centre ice. It's was so sad I couldn't even laugh.

C'mon FA, think Luongo and the adventures he has had handling the puck. Everyone in BC holds their breath. The sigh of relief causes high wind warnings, for God's sake.

I like women's hockey but there is no question there is need for improvement for many countries.

Maybe it would be more interesting if they played topless :) but these past few games I seen seems to me that kids play more interesting street hockey.

You can always change the channel and watch that greatly entertaining show 19 kids and counting! Or turn the TV off and start a project! It's all relative....bet the women's hockey is looking better now. ;)

I'm liking the women's hockey. They are real feisty and competitive. Their talent and skill would be more apparent if these critics were on the ice playing next to them. I would love to be a fly on the wall it that locker room/shower. Ha

Speaking of a fly on the wall in the locker room...how about that Russian Womens Curling Team.
ytasu2az.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always change the channel and watch that greatly entertaining show 19 kids and counting! Or turn the TV off and start a project! It's all relative....bet the women's hockey is looking better now. ;)
A couple of episodes of http://goo.gl/UG2xbi should put things back in prospective...:)

I only saw the last couple of minutes. But congrats to the Canadian women. Now it's up to our men's team to even the score. It's too bad that we won't be facing each other in the gold medal round as I think the two best teams should wind up playing for gold and silver.

Back