Wire Suppliers

Sandpiper

Good evening Sportfishing BC, Just wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for a marine wiring supplier in Canada or if anyone has had any experience with the site that is recommended on thehulltruth : https://www.bestboatwire.com. I am hesitant about placing such a large order from the U.S when duty/shipping fees can wipe out any discount over our local sites.

I am looking into a full rewire on my boats wiring system (1996 Double eagle 20'6 Hardtop) but I don't want to pay the markup on West Marine.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to your suggestions.

Dan

When I wired my boat HC was the same price or a few dollars cheaper as Amazon for 12 gauge marine 2 wire.

Yup, H.C. has great prices and reasonable shipping fees for wire. Heavier gauges are cheaper than Amazon and you get exactly what you need.

I just did my boat - everything from gauges 4/0 - 12. Amazon is about half of West Marine when buying bulk spools, and Amazon was less than the cheapest B&M store (Fisheries Supply in Seattle). You will also need connectors (heat shrink connectors are best) & support clamps. Ancor wire fits perfect into Ancor connectors; brand mismatches were OK on fit. Amazon was best for strippers/crimpers.

Back