Winter Springs Report Bowser/Hornby

fishin_magician

Wondering if anyone has the fishing been off Denman Island/Chrome/ Hornby/Flora recently?

Planning a trip over for a day.

Heard Pender Harbour is on fire right now. 15 keepers in 2 days for a group I know that was fishing up there. Smallest was 7 lbs largest was 19lbs and most were over 11lbs.

Hmmmmm..hopefully some of those will make their way down towards Vancouver...

A buddy of ine was out last week and he landed three springs between 8-11lbds on the outside of Flora Island working the trench from Whaling Staion bay to the southern tip of Flora and then picking up his gear and running back and doing it again in the 150ft mark to start and trolling into 115 ft always close to the bottom with 4 inch coyote spoons in cop car and green/glow. This was all between soaks of his prawn traps which meant he only fished for a couple hours, not a bad couple hours if you ask me coupled with over 300 prawns. He said he also saw one other boat and it was fishing off the green can that marks the entrance to Tribune bay and there was so much bait there you could walkk on water, the guy managed 2 in the 7-8lb range on 4 inch tomic plugs in 60 ft of water bouncing bottom on the sand! Man I'm itching to get out but all of my days off are hurricanes!!

SWC

quote:Originally posted by Saltwater Cowboy

A buddy of ine was out last week and he landed three springs between 8-11lbds on the outside of Flora Island working the trench from Whaling Staion bay to the southern tip of Flora and then picking up his gear and running back and doing it again in the 150ft mark to start and trolling into 115 ft always close to the bottom with 4 inch coyote spoons in cop car and green/glow. This was all between soaks of his prawn traps which meant he only fished for a couple hours, not a bad couple hours if you ask me coupled with over 300 prawns. He said he also saw one other boat and it was fishing off the green can that marks the entrance to Tribune bay and there was so much bait there you could walkk on water, the guy managed 2 in the 7-8lb range on 4 inch tomic plugs in 60 ft of water bouncing bottom on the sand! Man I'm itching to get out but all of my days off are hurricanes!!

SWC

That's a good report. Thanks for that. I'll employ that to use. What I like about that area is that you aren't running all over the place..and there's lots of good trolling water.

That area is a well kept secret for winter springs from what I've heard.

Anyone else fish over there frequently?

Back