Winter springs, comox area

mayday

I've had moderate success around Kitty, but wondering if there are any other areas that guys have had luck with.
With my little Hourston I've got a range of roughly Kitty to Deep bay (~45minutes each way) - what about Denman bluffs? or the Fishbowl (what I call the area from the bar to Pt. Holmes)?

tribune Bay on the 120-200 line can be Good.
shelter point is good but is 20mins north of kitty.

Are you on a trailer? That would open up the areas you can reach.
yes, but im a bit spoiled/lazy - the comox ramp is 10 minutes away, so always seems to be the logical choice. Nevermind im also cheap and already have the launch pass bought and paid for (irregardless they have stopped checking)

yes, but im a bit spoiled/lazy - the comox ramp is 10 minutes away, so always seems to be the logical choice. Nevermind im also cheap and already have the launch pass bought and paid for (irregardless they have stopped checking)
That's probably the best ramp in the area - one of the few where I launch my 23.

Pretty good regardless of the tide?

The how is Union bay with your 23? I have a 25 and pretty shallow draft but even with a hitch extension I get the bottom of my rubber wet.
Haven't tried Union Bay - they have made improvements there with the finger float.

Haven't tried Union Bay - they have made improvements there with the finger float.
I use to launch my little 15 whaler there but only on med/ high tides. Generally it's a beach launch as you can do that through the middle of the tide. The ramp only works on a high tide. I couldn't imagine launching big boat there unless you were on a solid high. I could see burying the tires and getting stuck on the beach.. I haven't launched there since 2020 so maybe they have dredged it out again.

I use to launch my little 15 whaler there but only on med/ high tides. Generally it's a beach launch as you can do that through the middle of the tide. The ramp only works on a high tide. I couldn't imagine launching big boat there unless you were on a solid high. I could see burying the tires and getting stuck on the beach.. I haven't launched there since 2020 so maybe they have dredged it out again.
Thanks, been almost 30 years since I would go out of there to Denman to work on an Oyster Lease so I'll take your memory advice over mine.

Back