Winter Spring Fishing! Prince Rupert!

I did learn that those 10-11 minute videos that seem to be stretched from maybe 3-4 minutes of useful content are done by design. Apparently YouTube wants them that length if you want to get on the play to pay system. This criterion is probably based on allowing advertisers time to do their thing.

Last edited:
I did learn that those 10-11 minute videos that seem to be stretched from maybe 3-4 minutes of useful content are done by design. Apparently YouTube wants them that length if you want to get on the play to pay system. Must be advertisement based.

yeah there is all sort of rules, like for the first 30 seconds of a video you cant say any swear words.

That's good to know. It's so
Ive watched a lot of youtube videos on this subject the general consensus is it takes about 14 months and about 100 videos before you can have realistic expectations of a 1000 subscribers and a pay check.
me I've wondered about.
Ive watched a lot of youtube videos on this subject the general consensus is it takes about 14 months and about 100 videos before you can have realistic expectations of a 1000 subscribers and a pay check.
Thats good to know, i've wondered about that!

Yeah, 1000 subs and 4000 hours will get you to where Youtube will send you a few $'s but a real paycheck from youtube would likely be closer to 500k or 1M subscribers but revenue can start much quicker if you are relying on other income streams related to youtube. I want to work with local Canadian companies but Amazon has already tried to send me a cheque. No quick and easy ways to make money out there, I'd hate to look at my balance sheet so far :)

Any of you guys trying to get Youtube rich should go and do a stint down in Vegas at the Youtube farms. Guys with massive followings piggy back those numbers and get you on board with their channel. I don't know exactly how it all works but I had a friend go down there for a bit. They have writers and animators and editors and studios in these huge houses. Guys will stay there for months at a time and pump out content 24/7. Even with all of that though, very few end up making a decent living off of it. 1M+ views is where you need to be.
Interesting never heard of this. Derrel Eve's Mr. Beast's coach will sell me the 12-week 12 step formula training for getting to a million subscribers and it isn't a bad deal at 6k USD. The biggest thing I need to do is hire a former Red Bull Videographer I know who lives in Victoria. Outdoor videography, running a boat and catching fish while storytelling is hard to do, but tons of guys have it figured out. Editing is another skill. @jwood99 is a pro and it looks like what he does is related to his business, his passion and his family so it's a no-brainer.

Every business owner should be on youtube, the Youtube Formula is a great book. A furniture company has terminated their 25k a month advertising budget and is now making 25k a month from youtube and affiliate sales while doing 10M a year in sales. Sure lots are going to fail at youtube but one guy I know has gotten 10M in sales from one viral video so it works if you get it figured out.

Interesting never heard of this. Derrel Eve's Mr. Beast's coach will sell me the 12-week 12 step formula training for getting to a million subscribers and it isn't a bad deal at 6k USD. The biggest thing I need to do is hire a former Red Bull Videographer I know who lives in Victoria. Outdoor videography, running a boat and catching fish while storytelling is hard to do, but tons of guys have it figured out. Editing is another skill. @jwood99 is a pro and it looks like what he does is related to his business, his passion and his family so it's a no-brainer.

Every business owner should be on youtube, the Youtube Formula is a great book. A furniture company has terminated their 25k a month advertising budget and is now making 25k a month from youtube and affiliate sales while doing 10M a year in sales. Sure lots are going to fail at youtube but one guy I know has gotten 10M in sales from one viral video so it works if you get it figured out.
Wow thank you very much for that compliment! I don't know if i'll "make" it rich off YouTube, but I do want to share my experiences out on the water and my love of the outdoors!

Most dont make it rich but there are many getting around 60-80k filming themselves doing the regular day job or putting out semi regular videos of their hobbies

Last edited:
Back