Winter Harbour Trip - Boat Launch Options

We'll be heading to Winter Harbour for the first time on July 20th with my wife's cousin's 30' Wellcraft. Would we be better going to Coal Harbour or Port Alice to launch ? Also looking for secure parking for his truck & trailer. Thanks in advance for any info.............Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IMO I have fished WH for 17 years now and the cole harbour ramp is the only one I use to launch a large boat. Launching is ok at almost any tide but recovering
I need at least a 4 ft tide or my trailer wheels drop off the pavement and I worry about a blown tire pulling up over the lip. There is no floating dock beside the ramp -so for a big boat somebody needs to drive the boat on. Don't know what is at Port alice. Parking can be a bit of a bear-there are locked compounds-I don't know about those-I don't use them-Just the Parking Joe supplies which may mean a bit of a walk. In 17 years never had anything touched while I was away.

Go to coal harbour, the new wharf is not ready in port Alice. Unless you want to use your swim grid to get on and off your boat.

Back