Windy.com versus Windy.app

Ghostprof

What's up with this: when I check the wind forecast for, say this Thursday at 2 pm, the app says about 6kts wind while the website says 12kts. Anyone got any sense of what is more accurate (and why I pay for the pro subscription?) :p

What's up with this: when I check the wind forecast for, say this Thursday at 2 pm, the app says about 6kts wind while the website says 12kts. Anyone got any sense of what is more accurate (and why I pay for the pro subscription?) :p
One might be showing the gusts.

One might be showing the gusts.
After more digging it seems it might be that I have different weather models in use -- does anyone have a sense of which model is the most accurate for around here? There are several to choose from, and they range dramatically in their predictions.

After more digging it seems it might be that I have different weather models in use -- does anyone have a sense of which model is the most accurate for around here? There are several to choose from, and they range dramatically in their predictions.
If you are looking for Thursday’s forecast on a Tuesday……. It’s not an exact science.
Environment Canada is as good as anyone for a couple days out, but let’s be honest, no one really knows.

Back