who's fishin this weekend

good question - maybe constance or if the wind is down I might go a little bit closer to the border.

Albert head if the wind is up though.

you gonna be out?

ya I might do the same on one of the days, since there was a report of a "columbian" caught off the bedfords.

You fishing oak bay craven?

Ya, the flats usually turn on this time of year for a few weeks....
I'll have to throw my tackle box at them and hope something
will entice them to bite !

4hrs trollong Sooke waters this afternoon-evening. No bait showing,dead out there, 1 hatchery Spring,winter size.But being Sooke that could change for tomorrow.

Glad to see you're back on the water again Otter :D
Trolled Oakbay flats yesterday afternoon through the tide change
one hard strike on a jellyfish squirt at about 100', never caught
up to him though:( pretty quiet...

Went out yesterday at tide change, cold wind and some white caps. Landed 22,26, and 95,7 lb - big fighter my neck is sore...:)

Was out at sooke this morning. Hooked into a huge fish off the trap shack!! got it too the boat and a seal came out from under the boat and that fish whent backwards and shook the hook!!!!! #$@% bloody seals!!!! Great fight though!!!

Pulled a twenty out of the kelp bed between Calver and rocky point last weekend.45 feet deep on the 60 ft contour.Caught on first pass!

Quiet day in Sidney. Fished Hambley for Springs from 1100 to 1500 and didn' t touch a thing, saw one 9lber back at the dock. Fished squirts and spoons from 120 to 170 ft, lots of bait all through the water coloum.

First post :)
I was trolling the hole at 10 mile this afternoon. A few blips on the sounder but nothing jerking the rod.
But I did have a good time as this was my first solo trip both in down rigger fishing and docking the boat single handed. I'm going to find the time to go out again tomorrow and try jigging.

Welcome Seasport to the forum. I was out fri morning and fished
between the Trap Shack and Secretary Isl, Kept 1 spring and had two other good hits at 85-105 ft. Also went west sat and caught 1 small 35ish Hali and lost a few others.[8D]

Back