Wholesale Outfitters

S

secheltfish

Does anyone know if Wholesale Outfitters has opened the doors in Nanaimo yet or when the grand opening is?

Soft opening maybe as early as this week? Grand Opening around the 19th. Gonna be THE</u> Candy store!

Cheers,
Nog

It opens tomorrow, Wednesday.

Sign on the door says so and it was in todays paper.

Can't wait.

Thanks for the info was in Nanaimo today hard to make an excuse to make the trip again:(

If anyone gets a chance, please post the closing time on Monday, Aug 3rd(holiday). May have to catch an earlier ferry. Thanks

If anyone gets out to Calgary..the real candy store is the BASS PRO shop..
I have not been there but my better half has.. The size of a Walmart but 2 floors. Full size taxidermy display of a heard of Caribou coming down a mountain from the second floor and Full size moose fighting.. and at LEAST 2000 guns on display. I will post some pics next week of it.

Yes its the candy store for sure to bad about the location. I`ve been to the Toronto store(place same snide remark here) 3 times and its awsome but the Calgary store is way better. We were there last month and spent a few hours walking around got my grandson a realtree camo hoody for his second birthday gotta get em started out right. The disappointing thing about the Calgary store actually its in Balzac is the aquarium the Toronto one is much larger but the elevator in the Calgary one is cool because the lower floor is the back of the tank so you walk in the elevator and the fish tank is right in front of you. The other interesting thing about the mall that is attached to the store is behind the mall is going to be a 2.5 mile tri oval Nascar track so hopefully that still happens and we get some Nationwide racing at least.

The BPS in Calgary's a really nice looking shop. Funny about the aquarium, they put pike in with the trout. Yup those little pike leave a lot of jaw marks on those bigger trout. It gives you a very good idea of the proper hook placement on your lures or baits when fishing for apex predators. The taxidermy was awsome, especially the moose at the mall entrance. The selction of stuffed fish in the fly shop was incredible. Only two models of boots with just adequate support for my fishing needs, and I have to go to the Orvis shop in Willow Park to get waders that fit my skinny big-footed body.

I was very disappointed in the selection of rods, lures & terminal tackle. Much better selection in Warehouse Sports (?name?) down in the SE of Calgary, with equally good or better pricing. (Shimano Cennan rods at Cabela's pricing). The Calgary BPS won't take phone orders and don't honour the BPS reward point cards.

quote:Originally posted by twinwinds

Any word on prices or what selection of gear they have in Nanaimo store?

As with most stores, you have to know your prices. Some items are higher and some are lower. As for selection, I've been told (by my inside connection) that Wholesale Sports carries every rod and reel that Shimano, Islander etc. has available (and apparently IN STOCK). I'll be checking it out this week.

You can check out their on-line catalog (for your wish list):

http://www.wholesalesports.com/storefront/

http://www.wholesalesports.com/storefront/catalog.ep

Excellent pricing on a couple things, but $2 per 2/0 Gammy Finesse WideGap hook?? ($10 per 5).. must be a huge mistake in posting.

I think, given the web selection they could have called themselves "PureFishing Inc" except for a couple Okumas and 3-4 (shimano) Loomis rods everything is from Purefishing. There's not a Shimano casting rod to be found. Hoped to find a 9' Cennan heavy/fast at Cabela's pricing. I may pick up a 7000iCT Mag reel.

Except for very little, what I saw, all line, rods, reels are Purefishing gear.

Maybe if what you said about Shimano gear in store, I'll drive up this weekend.

Cheers!

Excellent pricing on a couple things, but $2 per 2/0 Gammy Finesse WideGap hook?? ($10 per 5).. must be a huge mistake in posting.

I think, given the web selection they could have called themselves "PureFishing Inc" except for a couple Okumas and 3-4 (shimano) Loomis rods everything is from Purefishing. There's not a Shimano casting rod to be found. Hoped to find a 9' Cennan heavy/fast at Cabela's pricing. I may pick up a 7000iCT Mag reel.

Except for very little, what I saw, all line, rods, reels are Purefishing gear.

Maybe if what you said about Shimano gear in store, I'll drive up this weekend.

Cheers!

When there and looked at some of their electronics, the manager of the dept. knew nothing about what he was selling or how it works. Guess thats why we all head back to Dane at the HC.

Back