Who makes boat cushions in Victoria?

Rum Buddies

Looking for someone to make some cushions for the project, preferably someone mobile that will come out and measure it up for me. Any suggestions for Victoria Area?

What are the big shops like - pricey?

I have used Foam Zone. Good prices but they are not mobile.

Tenmile what did you go with on your boat?

I went in yesterday and was quoted over $2000 for some square seat cushions and v-birth - looked like nice foam and all that, but $2000 can buy a lot of gas!

I had to replace the outside combing pads that line the cockpit. They used a heavy outdoor vinyl and firm foam -- nice product. There were 3 of them and I think the total came to just over $150. Mine was a relatively small job.

Yes, $2K does sound like a lot -- I am sure that if you're doing a v-berth that's a pretty heavy load of material.

We used this firm in Langford and were happy with the service and product. Verde Marine & Patio Upholstery, Phone: 250-478-4533
or 250-882-4533

If you need new cushion tops that's one thing -- but if it's just the foam you need for a v-berth mattress etc take a look at Costco. They sell memory foam mattress toppers in various different thickness and qualities. Material for a king sized bed ranges from $250 - $400 depending upon the thickness. Buy the size you need and cut it to replace your existing stuff?

I always see a shop when driving up to Cowichan between Mill Bay and Duncan called Duncan Foam and Futon -- I've not used them, but may have a lower overhead than the Victoria shops.

14930149aa_i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any foam/upholstery shop should be able to the job;better foam/covering quality will increase the price...compare qualities & quotes.

Back